You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.101

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, (issued if Affinity Photo was purchased from Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• No longer install .NET framework 4.7.1, but it will still be required to fix issues with Surface Pen (users need to manually install it)

• Fixed parallel batch builds

• Fixed Live Dust and Scratches filter slider resetting to zero when dragging

• Fixed crash when moving live denoise filter in Layers panel

• Fixed popup closing when dragging an export token

Appreciate the quick release of this beta, unfortunately (for me) it seems to be behaving the same as the previous one.
I can open a photo only by dragging it into the program, but any attempt at an edit and the program promptly closes without warning. 
On right the hand panels I can click on Layers, adjustments, effects, brushes etc. but any further clicks will close the program.

Thanks for all you guys do.  The betas are usually very stable. Always smart to work from a backup of course

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

43 minutes ago, Arba said:

Appreciate the quick release of this beta, unfortunately (for me) it seems to be behaving the same as the previous one.
I can open a photo only by dragging it into the program, but any attempt at an edit and the program promptly closes without warning. 
On right the hand panels I can click on Layers, adjustments, effects, brushes etc. but any further clicks will close the program.

Do you get a crash reference?

1 hour ago, Arba said:

the same here,
the program closes without an error message.
The attempt to reset the program, I get this message

the log file has 0 KB

Affinity.PNG

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

With the exclusion of .NET framework 4.7.1, this beta now installs on Windows 8.0

Likewise for AD

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

With the exclusion of .NET framework 4.7.1, this beta now installs on Windows 8.0

Likewise for AD

I'm glad you can install it again - though I'm surprised it installs on 8.0 at all, as .NET 4.6.2 is listed as unsupported on Windows 8.0 (and as such, we've had to update our list requirements to say we don't support Windows 8.0). 

8 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

I'm glad you can install it again - though I'm surprised it installs on 8.0 at all, as .NET 4.6.2 is listed as unsupported on Windows 8.0 (and as such, we've had to update our list requirements to say we don't support Windows 8.0).

I only have .NET 4.0.0.0 on this Windows 8.0 PC but both the retail and all the betas have always run fine on it  (Excluding beta 1.6.3.100)

PS This page says you still support Window 8.x.  You may need to update it if that is no longer the case

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/full-feature-list/

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

I only have .NET 4.0.0.0 on this Windows 8.0 PC but both the retail and all the betas have always run fine on it  (Excluding beta 1.6.3.100)

PS This page says you still support Window 8.x.  You may need to update it if that is no longer the case

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/full-feature-list/

You probably have a later version than v4.0, that is their "generic" version, as in theory all post-4.0 versions are backward compatible.

I'm surprised the installer even completes, when we've tried it here, it stops with an error (on 8.0).

We've not rolled out changes to website yet, not sure when that will happen.

2 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

You probably have a later version than v4.0, that is their "generic" version, as in theory all post-4.0 versions are backward compatible.

You are correct I also have another Version 4 setting in the registry which is 4.6.01590

11 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

That's 4.6.2.

According to Microsoft, 8.0 can't install 4.6.2, are you sure you're on 8.0 and not 8.1?

Yes definitely 8.0 not 8.1, this PC keeps getting reminders to update to 8.1

Likewise, we could not install .NET framework 4.7.1 from the last AP beta - if we were on 8.1 it would have installed Ok

and finally we have legacy software for a client that will not run on 8.1 which is why we always keep one PC on 8.0 just for them

system.jpg

@Arba / @Gnobelix, thanks for the crash reports. I've looked at all 3 of them, and they're all the same. Unfortunately it's a crash within Microsoft's WPF / .NET framework. The error is:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in PresentationCore.dll

Additional information: StylusPointDescription cannot contain duplicate StylusPointPropertyInfos.

There is none of our code running at all at the point of failure, which is really concerning for us. I imagine you're getting this crash now because we're asking for the latest pointer support in .NET from the .100 / .101 betas.

How are you moving the cursor? Mouse? Pen? Stylus?

The crash I have with the mouse as well as by pen.

Question: Is it normal when the chrash report starts,
 afterwards  all files in the folder  be deleted ?

c5fbb1ff-1dcf-4626-939a-ae892e7c1eb3.dmp

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)