You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer wants to Export File to Wrong Directory

Hi,

I just run into unexpected trouble while trying to export a drawing from Affiliate Designer to PDF. I'd set the path to '/x/y/z/drawing.pdf', but AD prompted an error, saying:

Fehler beim Export in:
/a/b/c/drawing.pdf
Fehler beim Erstellen des Ausgabeordners"
(Error while exporting to: /a/b/c/drawing.pdf Error while creating output directory)

'Save' and 'Save as...' works as expected, relaunch AD and reboot did not help. Did this happen to someone before, is there a fix/workaround? Couldn't find anything in the web. I run AD on OSX 10.10.

Kind Regards

Jochen

Try using the path and making the slice name the path. You don't need to add the file extension because the export format should name it a PDF.

5a8b48d03c157_ScreenShot2018-02-19at21_57_46.png.fdc60c3f30dff4fd8d98be79dab2aa0a.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I do not know MacOS, but should not be this path x\y\z\drawing.pdf (slash instead of backslash)?

Like in Windows, where this is corrected directly by APhoto.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

5 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

I do not know MacOS, but should not be this path x\y\z\drawing.pdf (slash instead of backslash)?

Like in Windows, where this is corrected directly by APhoto.

No, Mac it's forward slash.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Firstdefence, thanks for your proposal. I'm affright, that will not hit the problem. I solved the issue.
I didn't see in the first place, that /a/b/c is on an external drive, that was not mounted while I had the described trouble - sorry about that. When I mounted the drive, AD exported to /x/y/z right away. Still I'm quiet confused, why AD requested an external disc to be mounted to write in /x/y/z, which is on my internal disk.
After successfully exporting to my internal disc, I dismounted the external one and was able to keep working without further trouble.