You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

I use A.Designer Trial. I like the artboard, but I have problem with it when exporting. I have created UI in Inkscape, then I open the document in Designer and create artboard for export.

This is how my ab(artboard) are organized:

- main ab for whole document

- inside main ab I have for each icon, button or graphic element individual ab

for example

- main document (artboard)

|- layer1

|- - ab1 (artboard)

|- layer2

|- - ab2 (artboard)

etc..

problem is, when I switch to ExportPersona I can see the some frames have bigger size then ab. For example I have ab with 40x40 but frame have 41x40.

I discover every this problem appear only when ab have position xx,45 or xx,98 in px. In ExportPersona the xx,xx is changed in to xx for example from 122,45 is changed to 123 or 122. Same for the size, if some ab have 80,45x80,61 then frame is rounded in to 81,81 size.

It is looks like frames have own coordinate system which are connect to pixels? I want export svg graphics and I think exporting icon with size 45,499x48,788 is ok, there is no need to have frames tied in to pixels.

Another strange problem is, when I switch document units from pixel to points with 2precision, frames coordinates are exact as ab, but it still create "one pixel" bigger frames as ab.

Exported graphics have same size as frames.

Is it bug or I am doing something wrong? Is there some option to have frames exact coordinates and size as artboard?

• Staff

Hi Drevo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

That's because the artboards  X,Y coordinates or width/heigh are not integer values. If you select the artboard layer in the Layers panel go to the Transform panel and erase the decimal places/round the values they will export with the correct dimensions. To prevent this from happening enable Force Pixel Alignment in the Snapping Manager (menu View ▸ Snapping Manager...) since this setting also affects artboards.

Ideally artboards should be used at the root of the document/layers hierarchy since objects placed on layers outside the artboard layer may not be included in the export even if they appear visually on the top of the artboard on canvas.

22 minutes ago, MEB said:

That's because the artboards  X,Y coordinates or width/heigh are not integer values. If you select the artboard layer in the Layers panel go to the Transform panel and erase the decimal places/round the values they will export with the correct dimensions. To prevent this from happening enable Force Pixel Alignment in the Snapping Manager (menu View ▸ Snapping Manager...) since this setting also affects artboards.

Thanks for explanation. Is there future plans to support decimal values (positions and size) for artboard? I think it will be very helpful for not pixel based formats, like svg etc..Now I must reposition each button etc.. and resize each artboard which don't have integer values.

• Staff

If you enable Force Pixel Alignment and then adjust the shapes on canvas either by moving them slightly (X,Y coordinates) or adjusting their width/heigh depending on the case, you should be able to adjust them quickly without deleting/rounding the values in the Transform panel manually. Make sure Move By Whole Pixels in the Snapping Manager is NOT ticked, otherwise when you move objects with non-integer values they will be kept since the object moves whole/integer pixels.