You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a new "forum-Soft" here?

Some minutes ago i wanted to answer/multi-quote another post.

Its not possible in the way i was supposed to.

Thats 87% ok - often a refreshed GUI = a faster way to do what you want. But in this case not.

Escapilly: one wrong click - where is the "exit"?

Modern GUI can and SHOULD be a time-saver, but without the need of a week in a "fool-claas", or x-minutes to find NOW hidden features....

For 3,4 

(Neither i-tunes nor the really great tag/virtuell-folder came from apple, nor the mouse.....but all 3 are great!

But what you are doinh chANGES?

WHERE IS THE ADVANTAGES?

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Polygonius,

To multi-quote a post, just highlight a line of text in that post you want to quote and you should get a tooltip pop up saying 'Quote this' (see attached screenshot) and just click on Quote This . Then just do the same for the next part of the post you want to quote.5a8ae8dd925f3_ScreenShot2018-02-19at15_09_27.thumb.png.a3c83dae5cbbed8f2942c90e4968dff6.png

So it does, even on my tablet, below the text with the tablet's options above. Very useful to know.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

4 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

So it does

4 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Very useful to know.

You learn something new every day.

The question is, how many quote notifications did you get ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

3 minutes ago, toltec said:

The question is, how many quote notifications did you get ?

Just the one it would seem!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

9 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

So it does, even on my tablet, below the text with the tablet's options above. Very useful to know.

So what does what, John? It might be useful to know, if only I understood what you're referring to! :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

So what does what, John? It might be useful to know, if only I understood what you're referring to! 

I have an Android tablet. I just double-tapped on your word 'understood' which became highlighted. Just above this there appears a bar bearing options 'CUT   COPY   SELECT ALL   DEFINE', and below there is the forum 'Quote this' bar.  At either end of the highlight there is a blue blob pointing up. I can drag on these blobs to expand the selection left and right before tapping the 'Quote this' bar.

I could have used the COPY option, then select some other text, double-tap and select PASTE. Note that I have to select something that already exists to paste onto. I usually just type 'xxx' and select that. This is useful for copy/pasting urls.

Here endeth the Android lesson.

John