sidsewell

Tone Mapping Crash

Trying to use Tone Mapping on an image with an extra pixel layer and a layer mask (no other adjustments) - Both versions are crashing when I select Tone Mapping this

is for both 1.6.3.100 Beta and 1.6.2.97. Tried several times with the same result on both. (Excuse the rough selection between the sea and sky, just experimenting)

Aldeburgh_beach_with_a_blue_sky.afphoto

Hey sidsewell,

I've just tried this and after 20+ minutes I had to force quit the app. It completely hogged any available resources and it took 5 mins just to open Task Manager. This was on the current beta version. I'm not surprised it crashes for you.

What are your PC specs so I can include them in the report. The Mac version took about 90 seconds to open it but I didn't really suffer any other performance issues with the rest of the OS. Whereas Windows just completely gave up. 

Hi Chris,

Specs as follows:

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60Ghz

ASRock Z97 Extreme6

16Gb DDR3 RAM

NVIDEA GeForce GTX 960 (2Gb GDDR5)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 16299 DirectX 12.0

Regards/Sid

Thanks Sid, 

Your machine is a higher spec than my work PC but it is about on par with my Mac which doesn't crash but it does take a while.

I tried it again on my PC and had to turn it off by the switch because it completely killed it :11_blush: I'll pass it to dev.