You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wonky Expanded Stroke

Hi team, 

I read somewhere that expanded stokes being wonky was a known issue and being worked on as part of a larger project. Is this the case / could we please get an update?

I've been producing more and more of my work through AD instead of Illustrator, but this is forcing me to go back to Illustrator (and one does not simply *go back* to Illustrator).

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out (testing/examples).

On 19/02/2018 at 5:50 AM, VIPStephan said:

Have you tried the resizing workaround? Expanding large strokes is more precise than expanding small ones; so, scale the object larger, expand stroke, and then scale it back to its original size.

I've used this workaround a few times to get past the issue, but it still hits my confidence in the resulting shape.

It's also not great when you're working with variations of an object. Depending on what type of/mix of measurements/units you're using it can be a bit rough getting the size back to exactly what it was.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.