You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Onone Perfect Photo Suite

I really like Affinity Photo and am more or less ready to ditch Photoshop. Maybe Photoshop has more functions but AP have everything I need and use in very fast and nice way. Except for one thing; In my work I have become dependent on onone's perfect photo suite for final adding final touches to my images and so far I have been unable to make it work as a filter in AP. I contacted On1 and they replied that they are not compatible with AP (same reply from MacPhun customer support). Will perfect photo suite work with AP in the final version?

• Staff

Hi guys,

None of the plugin guys will have heard of us yet - so I'm not surprised they cannot give support.. I've not looked into the OnOne plugins yet, but from what I hear, they are automation plugins - not filter plugins - which means that nothing will ever be able to support them apart from PS :(

I could be wrong - they might have a 64bit 8BIM plugin - maybe I've just not seen it yet..

Andy.

None of the plugin guys will have heard of us yet - so I'm not surprised they cannot give support..

they are automation plugins

Topaz has heard of you by now.

I had an email discussion with the support folks about a separate issue concerning their website and, during the conversation, I mentioned that I was having trouble with some of the Topaz plugins with Affinity Photo. They did know about you and told me that they did not support AP, but that they were going to look into the issue. So, at least, they have now heard of you. Hopefully the issue with some of the plugins (Clarity crashes on my system every time I call it and ReMask will not launch) may be solved.

On my system the only way I can call OnOne is through the automation interface (that is, File -> Automation Tools) and not through the plugin interface.

I don't know how automate and filter plugins work, but do I interpret your response Andy that the on1 plugins will not work with Affinity photo when it is released?

Johalenn, Andy,

For what it is worth -

OnOne produces plugins that only work through the Photoshop Automation functionality, BUT they also have a free standing app that can be used through functionality that allows calling an external editor and, in fact, this is the way I use it from PhotoLine.

External editor functionality would allow AP to call the OnOne app and pass it the image in question. From the OnOne Suite you can then call any of the OnOne modules, do the work that needs to be done and then return the image. It is not a plugin per se, but it does pretty much the same thing and, as I mentioned, I use the OnOne Suite from PhotoLine just as though I was calling the plugin. If AP added the ability to call an external editor it would solve some problems associated with AP right away.

1) Topaz plugins could be called through the photoFXLab app for those having problems with the photoFXLab plugin or the normal Topaz plugins (that is me),

2) External apps that do HDR and panos could be called directly from AP thus allowing the AP developers more time to add their own internal functionality,

3) All of the OnOne functionality then becomes available to users of AP,

4) And other apps that might need to be called could be. 

Just a suggestion, but it seems to me like an easy way to quickly solve some current (and future) problems.

• 7 months later...

I see this is an older thread but I'm new to AP so am reading the forum and came across this. Topaz Simplify works for me in AP, as does Flaming Pear, so I'm figuring this must have been solved? My On1 doesn't even show up in the Plugins menu, even though it is in the plugins folder.

onamac, which Flaming Pear plugins did you get to work?  I have Flood and Flexify 2 and I cannot get them to work.  All I get from either is a bunch of slanted lines.  Where did you install yours?  Maybe I don't have them in the right place.  

I see this is an older thread but I'm new to AP so am reading the forum and came across this. Topaz Simplify works for me in AP, as does Flaming Pear, so I'm figuring this must have been solved? My On1 doesn't even show up in the Plugins menu, even though it is in the plugins folder.

Some Topaz plugins have worked with AP for some time now. I regularly use Detail, Adjust and DeNoise and, when it works, Clarity. Other Topaz plugins, such as ReMask, simply do not work.

PerfectlyClear (by Athentech) does not work in AP although all of the Topaz plugins work through the photoFXlab plugin platform. There was some indication that the Affinity developers were trying to find a way to get plugins to work, although I have not seen or heard anything since then to indicate if they are still pursuing this or not. As I have continued to point out, if they would implement an external editor interface almost all of these problems would disappear. OnOne could be called through such an interface as could Topaz' Fusion Express 2 and, through it, all of the Topaz plugins. I think I will post a question on the forum on a separate threat asking if there has been any progress in implementing some way to run these plugins.

Maybe it's a question of money, what Adobe, so it does not work...?

The AP developers said that it was a question of the restrictions imposed by Apple in selling things through the Apple Store. They said that the memory restrictions imposed by Apple, in  exchange for being able to sell through the Apple Store, prevent them from being able to fully implement plugin support. I don't know anything about the Apple restrictions but I suppose it is as they say.

Photoshop does not have any of these plugin limitations, but Photoshop is not sold through the Apple Store. Likewise Lightroom, CaptureOne and Dxo Optics Pro, all of which support calling external apps, are not sold through the Apple Store.

onamac, which Flaming Pear plugins did you get to work?  I have Flood and Flexify 2 and I cannot get them to work.  All I get from either is a bunch of slanted lines.  Where did you install yours?  Maybe I don't have them in the right place.  

I spoke too soon... you are right. They show up in the menu, the GUI opens and the sliders operate, but there are only the slanted lines. My bad, so sorry. I was being overly optimistic.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.