Samir J

Bulleted and Numbered Lists as part of Text

Does Affinity Designer have an option to added bulleted / numbered lists within Frame text. I am not able to find it. Am I missing something very obvious here

I use AD for Mac for designing wireframes and adding annotations is a part of the same.

Thx

No it doesn't. Bulleted lists are coming but not sure when.

You will have to work around it, which is not brilliant. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

29 minutes ago, toltec said:

Bulleted lists are coming but not sure when

They’re coming in Affinity Publisher, and we’ve been led to expect them to be added to Designer (and Photo?) after that.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

@v_kyr that post refers to indenting the text in a bulleted list

I am not sure how to create the bulleted or numbered list. 

More specifically the numbered list, such that the numbers automatically update depending on  no of items in the list. Like in regular word processing app. 

4 hours ago, Samir J said:

I am not sure how to create the bulleted or numbered list.

More specifically the numbered list, such that the numbers automatically update depending on  no of items in the list. Like in regular word processing app. 

No, you have to do all that manually.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan

4 hours ago, Samir J said:

@Toltec that's sad. I mean, bulleted or numbered lists are a basic text editing feature. :(

True, but then Designer is not designed to be a Text editing or Word Processing program.

There are loads of things you can do in Designer that you can't do in a Word Processor like MS Word.

No one program can do everything.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

I think, in the absence of Publisher, some of us are trying to use Designer in ways it was not really meant to be used as. And I have to say it is surprisingly good at this, most of the time. I'm impressed by how much desktop publishing I can get out of Designer. But every now and then you run into "simple" things like a bulleted list, and you're reminded that you're actually still waiting for Publisher… :)