BAndonovski

Crash, right on start

Just bought the Designer and I tried to create a new document, setting all the basic stuff, size ... CRASH.

Ok, try again... The moment I set the height the app crashes.

I tried going the other way around, the moment I touch DPI, another crash!

Not to a very good start here :(

I was hoping to do a bit of intro work with Affinity this weekend (hopefully have it replace Adobe), seems that I won't be able to do so (both the weekend work and replacing Adobe)

Hi BAndonovski,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with Designer. Can you give us a few more details? What macOS version are you running? Do you have acquired it through the Mac App Store? Does Affinity generate a crash report and If so can you attach it here please?

After getting the crash report, launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears, press the Select All button then press Clear. Does it fix the crash issue?

Hi BAndonovski

There is an option in Preferences > User Interface called 'Enable touch bar support' disabling this should allow you to work around it.

EDIT: There was also an issue with High Sierra that was causing our software to crash when using Combo Boxes. This has now been solved in the beta. If the above option still causes crashes when using Combo Boxes please give the beta version a try here:

Haven't tried the beta, but with Touch Bar still enabled, and avoiding the DPI combo (I don't hit TAB after entering the height) I can avoid the crash. 

It seems like it definitely is the combo's fault.

Also, when opening the PDF I get a pop up with a combo about the doc's DPI. I guess it's to blame there, as well?

What's the plan time-wise on a production (non-beta) fix?

2 minutes ago, BAndonovski said:

Haven't tried the beta, but with Touch Bar still enabled, and avoiding the DPI combo (I don't hit TAB after entering the height) I can avoid the crash. 

It seems like it definitely is the combo's fault.

Also, when opening the PDF I get a pop up with a combo about the doc's DPI. I guess it's to blame there, as well?

What's the plan time-wise on a production (non-beta) fix?

Wonderful - it does sound like that is the cause of the crash. I can confirm that this has been fixed in the Beta for Designer. We're planning on rolling this out to the store in the next couple of weeks. Please feel free to give the beta a try however. Both versions can be installed alongside each other and they do not share preferences so won't intefere with each other. 

Hi, I'm not sure if this is related, but I've been having what sounds like a similar bug.

1) Create new document

2) Open Document Setup

3) Click on the DPI popup menu.

Instant crash to desktop.

I tried turning off Touch Bar support and the crash still occurs.

MBP 2016. macOS 10.13.3. Affinity Designer 1.6.