Pierre Chevalier

Crash when pdf export panel opens

6 posts in this topic

As soon as the export panel opens, Affinity Designer crashes. See crash logs attached.

Affinity Designer_2018-02-16-091402_MBP-PC-6.crash

Affinity Photo_2018-02-15-111315_MBP-PC-6.crash

I then have tried to open the project in Affinity Photo. And it did not crash as soon as the panel opened, but only when I selected the pdf pane. So it seems it is related to something in the pdf pane.

I was able to export from Affinity Photo to jpeg, but what I need it pdf, so it is very annoying.

Any workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Pierre

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I do not think it is related to the project, as before I contacted you I tried multiple projects (but indeed forgot to mention that).

Here is a very simple project that I have just created. I do not know what could be wrong there ;)

Best regards,

Pierre

Test.afdesign

I got the same problems, already if the export panel opens and PDF export is/was actice, it crashes. Without PDF export this app is useless...

Cheers,

Lohengrin

Hi Pierre Chevalier,

You're right. My apologies. It seems related with a known issue i wasn't aware at the time. Can you please install the latest Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6.1 - Beta 5) and check if the app still crashes for you? You must keep the retail version installed to be able to run the Beta. I believe this is already fixed there.

Pierre Chevalier likes this

Thank you for the suggestion, I downloaded the beta version from the forum and it is working fine. (it is indicated as fixed in the release notes)

I didn't know beta versions were readily available, I would have tried it otherwise.

Lohengrin, if you want to download it, you can find it here:

Thank you for the great support!

Pierre