You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My searches of the Forums are not finding anything recent on standard templates for Avery labels.  Do such things exist, and if not, why not?  Avery address labels are industry standard and it seems odd to make eveyone recreate their own.  Specifically, I'm looking for the two major Avery templates for Avery 8160/5160 Address Labels and Avery 8871/8371 Business Cards.  These templates exist on the Avery website so is there a suggested way to import them into Affinity Designer?  They have pdf, ps, .ind Adobe formates available.  Thank you, Ann

Try to import the PDFs, check them and if needed customize/tweak them to correct sizes. Or make your own templates for these label sheets.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

5 hours ago, NapaArtist said:

My searches of the Forums are not finding anything recent on standard templates for Avery labels.  Do such things exist, and if not, why not?  Avery address labels are industry standard and it seems odd to make eveyone recreate their own.  Specifically, I'm looking for the two major Avery templates for Avery 8160/5160 Address Labels and Avery 8871/8371 Business Cards.  These templates exist on the Avery website so is there a suggested way to import them into Affinity Designer?  They have pdf, ps, .ind Adobe formates available.  Thank you, Ann

Hi Ann

Designer will load Avery label templates in PDF format. Just download the PDF and in Designer go File > Open  find the PDF file and click Open. No need for anything else. (i.e. no need to Import or anything, just Open).

I prefer the templates from this website because I am not fond of the Avery site, but they all work.

https://www.labelplanet.co.uk

temp.jpg.e03a8b7aad89e3f3585d40b84db35723.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

You can use Affinity Designer symbols feature to simplify printing return address labels, business cards, & the like that all have the same thing on each label. It is untested so there are no guarantees, but for example the attached 5160 return address labels.afdesign should work for Avery 5160 labels if they are on standard U.S. 8.5"x11" sized sheets.

For the template, I set guides positioned according to some measurements I found on the web for the 5160 page margins & the gaps between columns. The 30 instances of the symbol each containing a 2.625" x 1" rounded rectangle child layer were snapped to the grid those guides created. The frame text layer was added as a child layer of one of the symbols so editing any of its instances edits them all. To test the alignment, you could add an inside aligned stroke to the rounded rectangle, print a plain paper test sheet, & see how it compares to an Avery sheet, but if it (hopefully) aligns OK, the stroke should be removed.

BTW, if you are using a Mac the Apple Contacts app has built-in Avery templates you can use to print address labels. Check the built-in help for that app or do a search online for the details.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7