You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pattern maker - Duplicate on roids

A way to duplicate image/images with control over count, offset, transparency, size in xyz also those settings with option to randomize. Also, also with built in pattern presets. Maybe use several images to add randomness.  

This could be great for graphic design and texture creation where you need to dirty up your maps or create a collage or for painting trees or posts into the distance etc. Many case uses for this type of tool. Command+j is great for duplication along with the guides but too limited and it takes a lot of time to set these up and no option to replace the replicated source image, you have to start from scratch every time things don't line up, cleaning up layers... Nodal interface would be perfect for this, but hey one can always dream.  

Cheers!

Yes, i mentioned that. Im looking for far more control, speed. Doing rows of objects with changes in scale will take a while especially if you have to fit something exactly with specific offset, then you are doing and redoing over and over to get so things fit. it takes too long to get it right. I use it a lot in 3d and its very useful, can't imagine placing every tile on a roof by copy paste, and if i can use few different tiles to duplicate randomly at ones, things start to look realistic. With presets it becomes even more useful.