reminous

Copying properties from another object

Hi Guys,

I've found about AD couple days ago and I am very impressed with my current experience. However I miss some key features that are keeping me from using it in a real world. One of them is the hability to copy property from another object... Let's say I have a shape with a gradient, and a specific border color and weight and I want to replicate its characteristic to another shape. Or maybe copy a font type from another text. I could not find a eyedrop like we on Illustrator or CorelDraw or I just missed it?

Anyways, as a graphic designer for almost 20 years now... this is the most promissing software I have seen in a long time... I really hope Serif keep the good working and make an App as good as the giant Adobe and Corel.

Reminous

Exactly the same question immediately comes when I starting a drawing project on AD,

I'm in love so far, but yeah, this one is crucial feature if you ask me.

Hi everybody,

just copy the object (Cmd-C) and then choose Edit > Paste Style (Shift-Cmd-V). Another option: Right click on the object, select Create sytle … from the context menu and choose the created style from the style panel (perfect for multiple uses). Simple as that.

Works with object properties, but not with text properties at the moment. But hopefully this will come in the future ...

Cheers,

Alex  :)

Didn't knew that I can past a style only. I created always a style, but paste works great for me. Thanks!

Text (or text as object) styles would be very nice :)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.13.6

Hi everybody,

just copy the object (Cmd-C) and then choose Edit > Paste Style (Shift-Cmd-V). Another option: Right click on the object, select Create sytle … from the context menu and choose the created style from the style panel (perfect for multiple uses). Simple as that.

Works with object properties, but not with text properties at the moment. But hopefully this will come in the future ...

Cheers,

Alex  :)

Cool, it works. Just haven't got used to it

LOL. I've just found out the copy & paste thing and I logged in to announce my discovery... It works perfect, however I still would love to get an eyedrop tool... AD rocks, I am including it in my workflow little, by little...

Hi

Edit > Paste Style works when one needs to copy all the properties from another object.

However, If one needs to copy a specific property, say for eg. one or more specific properties (fill color, border line style, and/or line thickness, but not the border color), this does not work. I do know that we have a color picker in AD. But it picks the screen color (that is combination of all the colors below the picker) whereas a user might want to pick up a specific color or a non-color property such as border color, thickness or style from another object.

That would be a great time saver, especially when applied for multiple objects.

for eg.

1. Select source object

2. Choose Edit > Copy

3. Select one or more target objects

4. Choose Edit > Paste Specific Style from Menu or Icon.

5. A UI control displays all properties

6. All properties are selected by default

7. Optionally, Unselect properties that are not needed

8. Click on the Apply button

9. Multiple target objects acquire the selected properties from the source object

Happy User :)

On 17/02/2015 at 9:48 AM, Markus Dierolf said:

Didn't knew that I can past a style only. I created always a style, but paste works great for me. Thanks!

Text (or text as object) styles would be very nice :)

You can apply styles to Artistic Text.

5a87ee42c6b7c_ScreenShot2018-02-17at08_54_17.png.1b2aaccc8837256aebcf3452c0bdf8c2.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019