You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi AlicenWonderland,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you give us a few more details please? Are we talking about photographic images with busy backgrounds, or photos of objects/persons over a solid colour background?

I'm assuming you are using Affinity Photo for this. Is that correct? Usually PDF's are not used to store just photographic images and can contain other types of objects like text, vectors etc. If you could provide a sample or some screenshots of the images/files you have to work with we may be able to help you better.

13 hours ago, AlicenWonderland said:

Hello. I need help deleting a background from imported images. Most of them are PDF, Photos (I dunno JPEG), Whatever. I just want one method that works across the board. thank you to anyone out there that can assist me further with this.

It is not possible to have a single method for all, especially the two you mention. It is much more complicated than that. Sorry.

A PDF file is not an image, although it might contain them. It does not have a background, only the "page" behind the objects. If you don't want the "background" (or page), remove the objects from the page.

An "image" will have pixels that make up a background. If you want to remove the background, you need to delete the pixels. Then they will be transparent and allow a new background to show through.

The problem is, you quote JPEG which is by far the worst example. JPEG files do not allow you to have a transparent background, so even if you delete the background, if you save an image as a JPEG, the pixels will come back. You need to use TIFF or PNG.

As MEB says, tell us what you want to do and exactly what type of files you have and we can help more. But it won't be a "one method fits all" solution.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.