Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.100

46 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Have you tried downloading it again?

Just Started Downloading again ...  and it's working

Edited by mesbahworld

Another Live Filter bug... 

Live Dust & Scratches
Radius button has like a rubber band that pulls it back to the left.

I don't know of this is related to the various Live Filter crashes mentionaed above but I get an instant crash to desktop when trying to load the DXO Filmpack 5 plug-in. This happens with the .100 version and prior, and also with the current release version.

Also, an old plug-in I have called Kodak Digital ROC Professional 2.1 fails to show in Filters/Plugins. I'm pretty sure it used to work fine in one of the Affinity Photo versions in the 1.5 branch.

Both of the above work fine in Elements 9, however Elements 9 doesn't play well with my 4K screen (teeny tiny menus and text) so it's a bit of a pain using them at the moment.

Bonsoir.

Photo Client Beta - 1.6.3.100, plante également avec "Perspective en direct".

L'application ne se ferme pas sans redémarrage.

5a84c59cad4ed_Capturedcran2018-02-1500_21_47.thumb.png.21cb71f9388438cefece3ba6475b3368.png

La version 1.6.2.97 fonctionne très bien.

Windows 7-64.

Cordialement

3 hours ago, Wikinger said:

Bonsoir.

Photo Client Beta - 1.6.3.100, plante également avec "Perspective en direct".

L'application ne se ferme pas sans redémarrage.

Effectivement, ce problème a été rapporté un peu plus haut. Vous affichez un messge d'erreur. De mon côté tout disparaît subitement, sans aucun message.

This problem has been reported in the beginning of this thread. You have an error message, I don't get any message, it just disappears suddenly.

16 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Have you tried downloading it again?

This usually points to a bad/corrupted download. As Mark says, download it again.

3 hours ago, Dave Quail said:

Cela indique généralement un téléchargement incorrect / corrompu. Comme Mark le dit, téléchargez-le à nouveau.

Bonjour.

J'ai refait le téléchargement.

Je ferai un essai dès que possible et vous informerai du résultat.

Merci pour votre passage.

Wikinger, the "download again" is when you get an installation failure,not for the perspective live filter problem.

This beta fixed the LensFun issu that did not fully support the lens of Canon PowerShotG7 X Mark ll. Thank you!

Everything worked smooth installing this beta on my Win10 (latest upgrade)

Mark Ingram likes this

38 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Wikinger, le "télécharger à nouveau" est quand vous obtenez un échec d'installation, pas pour le problème de filtre direct en perspective.

OK Merci pour l'info:D

On 14/02/2018 at 3:29 PM, AlainP said:

Another Live Filter bug... 

Live Dust & Scratches
Radius button has like a rubber band that pulls it back to the left.

Good spot AlainP, I'll get this passed on. If you've set the value, changing the Tolerance will then reset the Radius as well.

On 14.2.2018 at 10:35 AM, Gnobelix said:

Hello everybody,
thanks for the new beta.
The installation went without problems.
After the start program, the welcome screen will appear as usual,
Unfortunately, no action can be performed, after a click on the welcome screen, the program closes.

A deinstallation and reinstallation was performed.

Log.txt

The above problem still exists.
The repair tool "NetFxRepairTool.exe" provided by Microsoft
did not bring the hoped-for success.
The check with the tool "netfx_setupverifier" does not show any errors.
Maybe someone has a tip.

Verification.PNG

Affinity Photo (1.6.1.93, beta 1.6.3.99) Affinity Designer (1.6.1.93, beta 1.6.3.99) : Windows 10 Pro  ( version  1709)

Thanks for the new Beta. Installation was working without Problems under WIn 10 Version 1709. Sytembulid is 16299.248.
I had no Problems with NET Framework and there was no Question from the Affinity Photo about it.

The bigger Range of Exposure is great. The other things i have to test and when is find something what´s going wrong, i will report it, but i report also when things are working well.

Patrick Connor likes this

Installed the Beta on my laptop and it's working a treat, but still having the problem with the desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro, Version 1709, OSbuild  16299.248
Just to recap, the program opens normally and I'm able to open a photo by dragging it onto the screen (I have the Welcome screen disabled)
Beta03.thumb.JPG.8c4b32751842f465c2f81ff387410c6d.JPG
 Any further press of any menu button (File/Edit/Text etc)  closes the program.
Most of the right hand panel tabs I've tried can be accessed, but any further clicks (ie if I try to alter levels or White Balance) will close the program.

One other piece of information which may, or may not be a factor is that the Desktop install happened a few hours after a "forced" Windows update, while the Laptop install was before the update.

A quick update to the above:
I have just installed the Designer Beta on both machines and like Photo, the laptop install seems fine while the Desktop install closes at the first press of a button.

Maybe not directly related to Photo, but may help the problem solvers. It could well be that the problem is at my end.

Edited by Arba
Further information

1 hour ago, Arba said:

One other piece of information which may, or may not be a factor is that the Desktop install happened a few hours after a "forced" Windows update, while the Laptop install was before the update.

A quick update to the above:
I have just installed the Designer Beta on both machines and like Photo, the laptop install seems fine while the Desktop install closes at the first press of a button.

The same here,
I also suspect that the Windows update the cause is.
The installation of the new beta on my laptop there made no problems and seems to work.
I hope the Affinity team it can reproduce.

Affinity Photo (1.6.1.93, beta 1.6.3.99) Affinity Designer (1.6.1.93, beta 1.6.3.99) : Windows 10 Pro  ( version  1709)

23 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

The same here,
I also suspect that the Windows update the cause is.
The installation of the new beta on my laptop there made no problems and seems to work.
I hope the Affinity team it can reproduce.

Hi Gnobelix, I don't know much about these things, but have had strange things happen after an update in the past, so mentioned it only as a possibility.
The fact that just the two of us have mentioned this problem makes me wonder if the update really is the culprit.

Gnobelix likes this

1 hour ago, Arba said:

Hi Gnobelix, I don't know much about these things, but have had strange things happen after an update in the past, so mentioned it only as a possibility.
The fact that just the two of us have mentioned this problem makes me wonder if the update really is the culprit.

Hi Arba,
at first i did not suspect the UpDate, after you wrote about it
I could remember that a Windowsupdatat was played shortly before the new beta.
This suggests that the update has affected the new beta.
But I have too little idea of the matter,  that's why i can not it judge.

It would be desirable still in the development module RAW, in the trimming tool by default have a value (the proportions by default). Most often, you do not need to change the proportions.