You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A Photo - LUT presets - File? Folder?

If you look at the video at about 1.24, it shows him saving them in a folder,.

Go File > Export LUT and pick a folder to export them to. Here I just exported one (a .cube file) and saved it to the desktop folder.

xube.jpg.554e6c2f89bd955c2502354837f7c47a.jpg

Basically, save them anywhere you want. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

My question is about the presets in AP. In Affinity Photo exists an Adjustment Layer LUT. You can adjust some presets from there and set new presets. But where are these presets stored under Windows. This has nothing to do with the self exported or imported LUTs.

Unbenannt.PNG.d1102b262bcc8a31d1cd9855b4ef7820.PNG

1 hour ago, Opera said:

I would like to use my LUT presets of Affinity Photo of my 1st Computer also on my 2nd Computer. Where are the LUT presets stored on my Windows System? Is there a file or are the presets stored in a folder?

You have to search on your Win OS and look where these might app context related reside, run the command %appdata% then in the File Explorer window that appears browse to the location Affinity\Photo\1.0\user and look under there. - See also this thread: Tone Mapping Presets not available in Windows 10

And for exporting own 3D LUTs: Exporting 3D LUTs

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 years later...
On 2/13/2018 at 4:12 PM, MEB said:

Hi Opera,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The LUT presets (and all other adjustments) are stored here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\adjustments.propcol

@MEB

Hey and thanks for the info.

Where would I find this folder on my Mac?

Hey @MEB,

thank you very much.

I have another question regarding this:

Let's say I have a folder with about 100 .cube files that I'd like to use in Affinity Photo. Is there an easy way to import them all, so I can use this nice way of seeing thumbnails for each LUT? (Just the way that @Opera showed in his screenshot, but with my favorite LUTs).

2 hours ago, rorando said:

Let's say I have a folder with about 100 .cube files that I'd like to use in Affinity Photo. Is there an easy way to import them all, so I can use this nice way of seeing thumbnails for each LUT?

You can only load (import) them one at a time. Photo doesn't provide a way to import them in bulk.

And iIf you load all of them, then when you open the LUT adjustment in the Adjustments panel you will have to wait for all the previews to be generated. With a large number of LUTs that may take awhile (but I don't know if 100 is "large" nor how long 100 LUTs would take on your machine).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 months later...

Is there a way that I can preview my lut files in my windows map? I have a lot of them but I dont know wich one to use? I can only see them if I import them in to Inffinity.
I have already read that you ca not import more than one at the time......I hope that this will be fixed soon!