You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can Affinity Photo make HDRs out of copies of a single photo that have been edited to be different exposures?

Hello,

Can Affinity Photo make HDRs out of copies of a single photo (as opposed to photos that were shot with real, in camera, exposure bracketing) that have been edited to be different exposures? I am not sure if I am experiencing a bug or not, because some programs simply can't do this. When I try it this way the resulting image ends up being very over exposed. It looks like this:

5a8288da7fce6_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.b5ec73c3860b4f409258f455f68d1636.png

I tried changing the colour profile and using a couple different types of files (jpeg and tiffs) and nothing works. It does this to much darker images, too. The weird thing is, I was able to do this in Affinity Photo before. It worked fine! However, it was quite a while ago, so I can't remember if I did anything differently.  I must have done something right, though,  because that's how I made this: 

5a828a3a214f1_GardencityShoppingCentre-1.thumb.jpg.0d6c6381d15203e8a31fdd4f4ed696b4.jpg

So, I'm a bit unsure if this is bug or not.

So you have one image that you export as an over exposed image, as a mid way exposed image and have an under exposed image.

So how are you making the pseudo-HDR?

Are you using File > New HDR Merge... option?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, Callum said:

The below post form MEB should explain how to do what you are looking for!

It might if there was one! :/

I have noticed that over the last several weeks an increasing number of staff replies are missing links -- not a lot of them but enough that I wonder if there is a glitch in the software somewhere.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7