You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question on more efficient importing

I’ve just downloaded the Affinity Photo app for the iPad and have a workflow question. I come from using LR on an iMac. I shoot a very large number of Photos per session.  I might cull 80% of them immediately, as soon as I get a good view of the images.  But in this iPad workflow, the problem is that once I pop my SD card into the reader, hundreds of photos (eventually) show up in the Photos app Import page, and from the small size of the thumbnails I cannot tell if an 

image is a keeper or not.  I don’t want to import all the photos and then delete later—it will take forever, plus needlessly transfer all the photos to iCloud.

Is there a solution to this I’m not thinking about? Is there a way to see larger thumbnails I don’t know about? Or a better import app that shows me larger images? Or perhaps is there an app that would let me look into the sd card and view them larger, before importing?

• Staff

Hi Mark F,

I'm not aware of a way to preview the images bigger without importing them.  This topic has come up on the Apple site before here.  In the replies some 3rd party apps have been mentioned, but i suspect they will still only provide a thumbnail preview.

I'm sure if anyone else has any tips they can share, they will :)