You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6.1 - Beta 4)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, fixes

Requirements: Purchased Mac Affinity Designer [from Mac App Store]

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This beta is an iteration of the current App Store release and should be used in preference to the App Store release, if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Fixes/Improvements:

• Hopefully fixed Korean Hangul text entry. Please could everyone check that text entry still works for them in their language!!!
  • Vector export improvements
  • Fix for failures when using compound objects inside groups with Constraints set on them.
  • Font support improvements - specifically relating to fonts which substitute spaces or have truncated Unicode CMAP tables.
  • Transparent TGA import support.
  • Fix for deleting a node of a bitmap fill causing crash.
  • Improved pixel painting smoothing. Any pixel-based painting tools should now have better smoothing by default.
  • Fix for combo boxes causing crashes for certain users on High Sierra.
  • Fix for exporting JPEG automatically choosing to export clips as paths which is a poor default and causes confusion.
  • Fix for text objects being created outside the hierarchy of the artboard they were supposed to be created in.
  • Fix for rotated text bounding boxes being incorrect and for disappearing text following Power-Duplicate.
  • Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
  • Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
  • Fixed a number of UI memory leaks.
  • Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
  • Fixed PSD export of Fill layers.
  • Fixed UI labels on macOS versions prior to Mavericks.
  • SVG import can now handle gradients with missing x1 or y1 values.
  • Assorted PDF export improvements.
  • Localisation improvements.
  • Paste and file-drop of PDF format files will now honour the DPI, as per File->Place.
  • Fix for marching ants not showing on a rotated canvas.
  • Miscellaneous other fixes and tweaks.

1 hour ago, jboissy said:

Greetings Affinity,

After downloading the AD 1.6.1-Beta 4 update, I noticed the Place Image Tool icon has disappeared from the toolbar (see attached - red box for emphasis). Can anyone else confirm this?

Regards,

jB

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.16.42 PM.png

Yes, I have same UI bug.

The selection works and you can place images but without the icon.

Affinity team thanks for your continuous working

• Staff

Thanks everyone! I've just fixed the missing place image tool icon and the blend ranges and 3d profile bugs. I'm building a new Beta version right now and will have it ready very soon. Sorry about these issues - they're artefacts of the work that is happening concurrently to produce Designer for iOS and they must've slipped under the radar - sorry :(

• Staff

@warente

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. Thanks for your very useful initial contributions.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 hour ago, Oval said:

Still hoping APu will launch before iAD, because of the statement “After completing the full suite on the Mac […] we will look into other platforms”.

I'm not currently working on Affinity Publisher so... it's really down to whether I beat them to it! Which I kind of think I might... There's no conflicts and I'm not slowing them down :)