Sign in to follow this  
Trish15

Full version of Affinity Photo not working as well as the trial version

I downloaded the trial version of AP and installed plugins as per instructions on the video.  There was no problems and the software worked well.  I paid for the full version and when I follow the same instructions as before, here is what I get:

Edit-Preferences : there is no preferences under edit, its under the Affinity Photo not Edit

Affinity Photo-Preferences : software totally crashes and shuts down.

I cannot get the software set up to do anything further and so for now have requested a refund.  

Hi Trish15

Edit > preferences is for the Windows version of the app which is not capable of having the same menu structure as the MAc

The preferences crash is a known issue reading a previously created plug in list (the one form the trial). You can solve this by pressing and holding ctrl when launching the app and making sure that clear user defaults is checked on the dialog that appears. This should hten allow you to access the preferences without any crashes. You will need to re-add any plug in locations though

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I tried this and the clear user field is checked and the program still crashes.  The trial version was really good but this purchased full version I haven't been able to use.  

Hi Trish15

That usually solves the problem, can you try with all the options ticked to see if that makes a difference? there should be an update soon which will have a general fix for this

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com