You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro recorder limitations/frustrations

I want to record very simple steps as a starting setup for editing images, but the recorder will not allow moving or grouping of layers and adjustments as far as I can tell. Is there a way around this?

Also, can I assign a macro to eg a function key as in Photoshop?

30 minutes ago, henryg said:

I want to record very simple steps as a starting setup for editing images, but the recorder will not allow moving or grouping of layers and adjustments as far as I can tell. Is there a way around this?

The macro recorder needs to know the explicit relationship between start and finish. When you try to move, you should get a dialogue box asking where or how you want to move your layer, typically something like 'one down' or 'one up from the bottom'. Just tick the appropriate box.

You might also find it helps to name your layers. The macro recorder can recognize names and act on named layers.

I had this problem myself, which was solved by the oracles on this forum.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

While I didn't understand the dialogues correctly, I stil can't get the macro to allow me to move a layer - it just says "cannot record more". I can select a different one and get the dialoue you mention, but not move.

Nevertheless, the more I play with AP the more impressed I am - superb value for money too.

Try using the Arrange menu to move layers when all else fails

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 years later...