Sign in to follow this  
powerj

Distorted SVG

I'm wondering if this is a bug. When I export an SVG it's distorted - Adobe forums say to change the decimal places to 3 but I'm unsure how to do this in Affinity.

Hard to tell without knowing/seeing the file and it's generated SVG export code here. Further you can look into the SVG text code with an text editor, in order to check/see if there really are float/double coordinate values etc. with many more decimal places produced at all. - When you say the exported SVG is distorted, is it also shown like that inside the common Web browsers for the SVG file, or just inside some Adobe product?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Its showing as distorted in Chrome on Windows and IOS devices (it actually looks fine on my Mac).  The image is a logo of text and the text is showing as distorted (some of the letters crammed together, although on an IOS device the distortion is more gaps between the letters that shouldn't be there) - if I output the file as a png its fine.  And the file was created in Affinity Design.

Well PNG is a bitmap/raster format, so the text is rasterized for that one and exported like an image. - For the SVG vector format file it depends instead how the text is handled and exported here, meaning if it is treated as a SVG text command like this ...

<text x="251.295px" y="215.5px" style="font-family:'ArialMT', 'Arial', sans-serif;font-size:20px;">Some text over here</text>

...and thus contains a font setting and description, or instead converted to curves during the export.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

I've uploaded the file just now (its called logo) and the setting I used were simply SVG for Web (I did try a few different settings but it made no difference). thanks J.

Hi PowerJ

I have exporting this from our beta and it appears fine and un-distorted in a variety of svg viewr and browsers across Mac and Windows.

If it was only a couple of viewers that displayed this i could be down to them, or our beta has already fixed the issue, which should be pushed to a live update pretty soon

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com