dmmmd

AP Adjustment Panel blanks out

While using Affinity Photo, the Adjustment Panel periodically stops displaying one or more adjustment options. The attached screen shot shows a blank space where the Levels adjustment option should be. Clicking in the blank space where the option should be, often opens the desired option, but not always. Clicking a different option will sometimes restore the missing adjustment, but then a different one disappears. Rebooting the program restores the missing adjustments, but after a while, they begin to disappear again. I am using Affinity Photo version 1.6.6 on a MacBook Pro running High Sierra version 10.13.3.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 1.16.45 PM.png

Hey dmmmd,

I had this myself a few times in the release version but I haven't seen it in the beta. I don't think there has been any official fix for it as I can't see it in our database. I'd be interested to see if you can get it to happen in the beta. Would you be able to install it alongside your release version and let me know if it happens? You can grab it here

Hey together, since yesterday i've the test version of Affinity Photo. The first i recognise was that i get black squares in the middle of the photo/screen a load before. Could be near the same like the problem here discribed...!?

For me it was at the 1st moment the end of the test, i guess my hardware isn't able to work with Affinity. I have an iMac late 2009, with Sierra 10.12.6 on it.

Maybe the next release, 

Chris B

Unfortunately the same problem occurs in the beta version as well. I loaded 5 images to edit, and the problem was there by the time I was working on the third image.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 9.49.07 PM.png

@dmmmd do you know if it happens when you just open one image? Let's say you opened 5-10 images separately (closing one down to open another) would you see this? I'm trying to figure out if opening multiple images is the key. I suspect the UI isn't refreshing properly.

@Chris B

I tried your suggestion. Loading one image at a time, editing and closing each image so that only one image was ever open at a time.

The error occurred on the 4th image. This happened using Affinity Photo Beta 1.6.7 (RC1).

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.20.59 PM.png

Hey dmmmd,

I'm going to get in touch with development about this but whilst I wait to hear back, can you go to Preferences > Performance and check what settings you've got in the Display section. Can you try picking one of the other settings and see if you can reproduce the issue. You might be on OpenGL by default so try switching to Metal and then OpenGL Basic.