You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad workflow: annoying UI shortcomings

Hi there,,

I bought an iPad Pro for photo editing while on the road. I take RAW photos, and am very pleased that Affinity Photo can import and develop RAW photos. However, there are quite a few very basic shortcomings that outright annoy me when using Affinity Photo for a longer period of time:

• I do not quite understand the "persona" concept. I've been using GIMP before, and am used to having access to all commands at any time (when possible).
  • Whenever I need to switch "personas", an annoying overlay pops up the right. Even when I have closed the navigator, history or whatever overlay before, it pops up again and obstructs the view on my picture. Which leads us to:
  • Please save the last tool settings for later use! Whenever I switch to a new tool, I get the default settings - not the ones that I've previously selected! That is very annoying when you have to edit 50 or more photos in a row. Which leads us to:
  • The same goes for photo export: please save the last settings! When I export a RAW picture, I would like a RGB8 PNG with no metadata embedded. This always requires lots of setting changes for each export! Also, please make it much easier to simply save a picture to the camera roll. It is not intuitive to tap "Share", and then abort the export process.
  • Most annoying for my workflow is the crop/rotate tool - apart from the default settings coming up each every time. I can straighten the photo's horizon alright, but the problem is that only a LAYER is rotated, and not the entire photo. This makes for annoying transparent triangles on the sides, which I in turn have to crop manually (all the time having to select "Original aspect ratio" instead of "Unconstrained"). Please make a rotate/straighten option like in instagram, where the picture is automatically cropped after rotate so no transparency remains.

Thank you.