You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect insertion of images through the menu. AD 1.6.3.99 and the stable version.

Described this problem but again I will repeat.
If you insert images through the File-Place menu, then the images are placed not in the active Artboard but in Artboard1.

And one more problem, maybe I just do not know how to do it. Place Image Tool allows you to add an image in the specified size, but not more than 1 piece. If you need to add a lot of images, they are added to an arbitrary size. Yesterday, I checked out a book of 500 photos, each photo had to be reduced first to at least the size of the working area. How to make sure that images are added in the specified size (groups) or at least not in real size (coming from DPI) but in the mode of fit-in or storing.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

sbabilny

Did you perhaps mean to type “stabilny” (i.e. stable)? Google Translate tells me that “sbabilny” means “slackers” or “loafers”! xD

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

Did you perhaps mean to type “stabilny” (i.e. stable)? Google Translate tells me that “sbabilny” means “slackers” or “loafers”! xD

Exactly! Through Google I translated :)

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hi Max,

For some reason the File > Place Image allows you to place multiple images, yet the Tool doesn't - this itself seems a little strange to me so I'll get that passed on. You actually reported the issue about placement with multiple images back in October!:

With Place Image clicking will place the image at the corresponding size based on it's DPI, right now though it is not possible to get them to come in at a specified size. However feel free to create an improvement request in the Improvements section of the forum.

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max,

For some reason the File > Place Image allows you to place multiple images, yet the Tool doesn't - this itself seems a little strange to me so I'll get that passed on. You actually reported the issue about placement with multiple images back in October!:

With Place Image clicking will place the image at the corresponding size based on it's DPI, right now though it is not possible to get them to come in at a specified size. However feel free to create an improvement request in the Improvements section of the forum.

To put several images, it is desirable to fit them into the drawn frame is a very good tool.
When you add 300-500 files to the document, the lack of group placement can cause the program to be abandoned. A good program speeds up and simplifies the workflow. AD and AP are good programs and they are developing in the right direction, listening to their users. I hope this will continue.

Windows 11 64-bit,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.