You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I cannot seem to increase the font size in the macro library it is much too small for me to see.  Do you have any suggestions>  Also in the preferences, you can select font size as default or large but large is not very large and is still hard to see.

Thank you

You might have to use your system resize options, what Operating System do you currently use Windows, Mac, Linux?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I can do it this way but it changes the resolution of my monitor.  There needs to be a way in affinity photo to make fonts large enough so that they can be read.  Right now this is not the case.  even in preferences you can only change from default to large font size but the large font size is not large at all.  In the macro library when you open a macro the print is so small that it is unreadable.  This makes the macro feature basically unusable  the macro library font size is also not controlled by the selection in preferences.  It is very very small.  Please provide a way to enlarge fonts everywhere within affinity photo

3 hours ago, hanshab said:

There needs to be a way in affinity photo to make fonts large enough so that they can be read.

FWIW, on Macs the Affinity "large" UI font size is very nearly the same as in Finder windows & the UI's of most Mac apps -- in fact, it may be slightly larger -- so there is nothing special about the Affinity UI in this respect.

There are several issues that complicate increasing the font size much more than that:

1. Larger font sizes will reduce how much text can be included on a line in a UI element, resulting in truncated text occurring more frequently (so for example, at some point the default "Convert to sRGB" macro might be truncated to "Convert t...") or require several lines of awkwardly split text for a single element, resulting in huge amounts of scrolling to see many of the available options, even if there are just a few of them.

2. Increasing UI element size for any reason necessarily reduces the available space on the screen for many of them to be displayed simultaneously without obscuring one another & the canvas window(s) where most of the work is done. For smaller screens like those on laptops, this would make most workflows very difficult & cumbersome.

3. Since most apps rely at least partially on system level code to display windows & the text in them, it would require a major rewrite of the Affinity apps to include its own code to replace or supplement that code, which in turn would greatly complicate debugging the apps & delay the addition & improvement of other features.

So at least for now, the only practical way to increase readability for those who need it is to rely on whatever your system provides for that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 weeks later...

Let me respond to your points RCR  I do appreciate your comment.

1. irrelevant, you could always increase the field size.  IF the font is too small and unreadable  then it does not matter how much of unreadable text you can display

2.Similarly irrelevant, if I cannot display as much text again i can increase the field size.  IF I can't read the font it is irrelevant how much unreadable text i can display

3. I do not have this problem with other software such as lightroom and photoshop . the font there is a little bit bigger, big enough to read...

Increasing field size means less screen space for the canvas. That is not irrelevant for many if not most users.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7