You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Brush Pressure problems

Hi,

I recently purchased Affinity Photo along with a Huion Display Tablet (Kamvas GT-156HDV2) and was trying out the brush tool when I noticed that the brushes don't taper very nicely, especially when I start the stroke (was drawing from bottom to top in the attached image). and it also ends a bit funky too.

Not sure if it's a tablet driver issue (also contacted Huion) or could be a compatibility problem?

UPDATE:

This also seems to be a problem in Affinity Design, but doesn't look to be as bad.
Also, even when I apply pressure at the beginning of the stroke, it starts off with the thin line before it jumps to the correct size.

I use other programs as well (Autodesk Sketchbook and Clip Studio) and I have not encountered this problem

Affinity Photo_Pen.PNG

Edited by homar
Noticed the same problem with Affinity Design

Thank you for your reply! It looks like I have the latest tablet driver for my tablet monitor

Turning on 'High precision tablet input' actually makes it worse - instead of creating curves/lines that follow my arm movement the program just creates a straight line from the starting and end points of my stroke. I attached a video showing the problem.

I'll try different things and see if I can find a work around.

AffinityPhoto_-_Pen_Pressure_Problem.mp4

there is also a problem with the tablet in Affinity Design
1. The brush has a similar problem with pen pressure
2. 'High precision tablet input' - I can't screen grab and move the canvas around with the pen while I'm holding down the 'Space' bar.

Edited by homar
Found similar problems in Affinity Design

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with some tablets (especially Wacom) persists from the very first beta. It seems like they have difficulties solving that one. It is hardly a driver issue. It's the same problem on every driver for over a year now

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.