You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Jaguar E-Type Lightweight (AD)

VectorVonDoom

This great movie inspired me to accept the hard work factor and the long hours: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772925/

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

And this comes to my mind related to movies and an E-Type ...

harold.png.72c620e77c0c60b72c4938f480301fca.png

... from Harold & Maude.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2019 at 10:48 PM, VectorVonDoom said:

You might want to turn off the texture layers if you're looking at in outline mode.

Jaguar_A0.afdesign

How do I turn off the texture layers?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

On 1/23/2019 at 10:48 PM, VectorVonDoom said:

I thought I'd share the AD file for this with people here. It's just for you own use and not to be shared around on other sites.

Some have asked about organisation and the tin toy gives you an idea but this is on a completely different scale plus it's nice to look at source files. Some of the groups have numbers in brackets as I was trying to keep track of the number of objects. No real reason other than interesting but soon got bored of doing that! You might want to turn off the texture layers if you're looking at in outline mode.

Jaguar_A0.afdesign

Ads a retired technical illustrator I tried something similar only I painted a 1930 SS Jaguar and then attempted to to do it again using AD but never got to finish it. I did cheat a bit in that I used the 'Find edges' filter in Photoshop applied to the original photo to save drawing time for both images.

22_SS_Jaguar_1.jpg

SS_Jaguar_.jpg

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

19 minutes ago, Antony parks said:

Truly humbling to see this. Sets the goals very high. Thanks for the inspiration!

I really regret no finishing off the AD version. I'm 80 now and some of the fire has gone!

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

The more complicated it is the easier it is to start and not finish. I have a few things that I do a little bit of now and again, that may or may not ever get finished.  Having said that this was my first complicated AD drawing and it doesn't seem too complicated now.

As for turning off the textures,  I'm not sure what you want to say. Find them by clicking on each from outline view (any bit of a texture) and then turn those groups off in the layers palette, the groups are named so you know if you are turning off the right thing. That's it.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

I think I know what needs to be done now. BTW are you a technical illustrator?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0