You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Looking for a brush

ambiroa

On 10/02/2018 at 0:01 AM, Wikinger said:

One of us kindly offered to share the Adobe offer.

I'll look for who! He's the one to thank.

It was @Mithferion, here. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/3/2018 at 8:51 AM, Apfelbeckchen said:

@Mithferion Thank you so much! What an amazing variety.

I could not find any information about licencing agreements, though. Do you know if the brushes are free to use in commercial projects as well, please?

Well, I didn't find anything when I first saw about the Free downloads, now, since you asked, I searched again and found disperse things like this announcement. There says the following:

I’m excited to finally share that I’m joining Adobe and my brushes are now exclusively part of Creative Cloud.

Now, here says:

We’re excited to announce that Adobe has acquired KyleBrush.com. As of today, all Creative Cloud customers will gain exclusive access to over 1,000 high-quality, digital brushes at no additional cost. Digital brushes offer illustrators, animators and designers a rich digital painting experience when working in Photoshop CC and Photoshop Sketch.

Now, the FAQ:

The only way to access additional brushes is through a paid Creative Cloud membership.

But then:

Will your brushes work with Gimp or any other software that is NOT Photoshop?

No – my brush sets are not .abr files, and they are therefore only designed for use in Photoshop.

[...]

Why are your brush sets saved as .tpl files, instead of .abr files?
    Tool presets (.tpl extension) are superior to brush presets (.abr files) for advanced custom brushes because a tool preset will consistently retain settings like brush flow, brush opacity, brush mode, and texture.

------------------------

So, the things is... to me, it's not clear if the download page at Adobe.com refers to the same brushes. I would think it'd do, but I hope somebody else can tell us. As of now, there seems to be -at least- the implicit License that those brushes can be used only with Adobe CC. But then again, why are they in .ABR format and available there like whatever?

Best regards!