You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.1.2.22824)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Documents made in this version will not be openable in older versions of Affinity Designer. This change was necessary in order to ensure a consistent baseline for our file format for the Affinity Photo Beta. When we update the Mac App Store version it will upgrade to this new archive version number too so will not be an issue in the future.

Improvements, Features, Fixes

- Included German, French, Spanish and US English translations
- Fix for pixel brush tools not starting at the beginning of the drawn curve
- Fix for problems with masks drawing incorrectly since last week’s beta
- EPS export should have greater compatibility with Cinema 4D
- Enabling ‘smallest size’ in the EPS export options should now significantly reduce file size
- Improved Freehand import - some documents which previously reported being corrupt can now be opened
- Small tweak to PSD import of text when dealing with carriage returns
- Honour the orientation tag when loading images
- Replaced ‘show/hide UI’ with ‘Toggle UI’ and removed ’Show All UI’
- Increase/decrease point size of text now increments in sensible units and changed shortcuts to Cmd+< and Cmd+>
- Fix for moving the pen away from any attached tablets and back causing unexpected tool switching
- Miscellaneous fixes for studio tabs

Still can't get more precision than 1 decimal place creating objects -> need 5.25mm and only get rounded 5.3mm. This happens if I pull handels on an object or if I change the object size in the tranform palette by hand. Only for brush strokes I get 2 decimal places but not for objects. 2 decimals places would be very good, 3 (as an option) a nice to have :)

Maybe it's not a bug but then I recommend it as feature :ph34r: 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

Excelente, la mejor herramienta ahora disponible en Español, una herramienta así se vuelve trascendental en pocos días de trabajo, me he olvidado de Adobe... 

// Excellent, the best tool now available in Spanih, such a tool becomes important in a few days of work, i forgot to Adobe...

xcellent, the best tool now available in Spanish , such a tool becomes transcendental within a few days of work, I forgot to Adobe ...

Excellent, the best tool now available in Spanish , such a tool becomes transcendental within a few days of work, I forgot to Adobe ...

xcellent, the best tool now available in Spanish , such a tool becomes transcendental within a few days of work, I forgot to Adobe ...

Excellent, the best tool now available in Spanish , such a tool becomes transcendental within a few days of work, I forgot to Adobe ...

Please update the version under AppStore repository, I start to use this beta version but I lost iCloud Support at all.

:(  :huh:  :wacko:

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
<education> Degree in Science of Communication </education>
<employ> WebDesigner & Front End Developer </employ>
<passion> Bass Player </passion>
</lendrius>

Hello to all,

its possible to move to a previous version of beta or I will not be able to open the file that I saved with this version?

There is a bug in this beta that hurts me and my workflow (objects jump on resizing) :(

Thanks 

:ph34r:

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
</lendrius>

• Staff

Hi MastroPino,

That bug has been there for at least a couple of betas now - and I think that if you tried to run a beta from back when the bug wasn't there, it would refuse to run now (and probably wouldn't read the files either). I will obviously try to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Matt

My first post here! Downloaded the trial of Affinity Designer and instantly got the startup I work in get me a license. I've been looking to get out of Illustrator + Astute Graphics plugins for a long, long time now.

I am a UI / UX designer so I find myself drawing icons of all kinds and sizes all the time so I gotta say - the custom shapes, pixel snapping feature + multiple views is simply a dream workflow! Yeah the app crashes here and there but hey - it's always like that with betas. I'm not even remotely frustrated with it.

I am looking forward for the corner rounding feature showcased in Affinity Review. Any chance this is coming to the beta channel any time soon? I'm have to start drawing a new icon-set and I really want to start this with Affinity Designer.

I'd love to give you guys more detailed feedback, where should I do that so that I don't 'pollute' the forum?

• Staff

Hi archmind!

Welcome to the forums! :)  Great to hear that you're enjoying Designer so far - it's still at the beginning of its journey and the feature set will become much more impressive and productive over time. Speaking of which, the Corner Tool... it's not ready yet - I'm still typing on it and trying to make it work as nicely as I'd imagined before starting it - I'm nearly there, but I'll only know it's finished when I know it's finished - so I don't want to rush and let everyone down. If you want to give more detailed feedback then you can send it straight to me - mpriestley @ seriflabs dot com

Thanks,

Matt

I am a UI / UX designer so I find myself drawing icons of all kinds and sizes all the time so I gotta say - the custom shapes, pixel snapping feature + multiple views is simply a dream workflow! Yeah the app crashes here and there but hey - it's always like that with betas. I'm not even remotely frustrated with it.

I am looking forward for the corner rounding feature showcased in Affinity Review. Any chance this is coming to the beta channel any time soon? I'm have to start drawing a new icon-set and I really want to start this with Affinity Designer.

Hi there!!!

I'm a UI developer too and I hope to se your Work asap! Good luck mate!

<lendrius>
</lendrius>

• Staff

Objects butted up against the document edge are sometimes drawing as if 1 pixel off:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/inr8jq2jh6w02e4/Screenshot%202015-02-21%2013.55.55.png?dl=0

Zooming or panning can cause/fix this. Would love to see pixel-perfect display :P

I've kind of got a rather fantastic fix for this - that should be coming at the same time as I add canvas rotation   :)

(the problem is because the document is positioned on a sub-pixel, but the OpenGL quads that present this to the screen can't cope with sub-pixels. Forcing the document to be positioned on whole pixels actually makes a really nasty notchy feel to panning and zooming, so I refused to do it - instead, I just needed time to figure out the best solution - which I've got working now in a test app)

Great !

- New option for donut (slice)

- Dash line

- French translation

I've got a bug with interface : Stroke / Style > menu is grey when I use it several times. No more icons (none/solid/dash/brush). I must quit AD and relaunch.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.