Jump to content
MichaelJA

Some fonts are not being recognized in Photo

Recommended Posts

I’ve noticed a select few of fonts that are being recognized in another app I use along with Photo on the iPad Pro are not being recognized in Photo. I’ve done the whole starting with Fonteer or FontManager then the complete process of selecting then adding into Profiles thing and I use Autodesk Graphic or actually Indeeo’s Graphic for iPad too and both apps Graphic & Photo use the same library of fonts except like I said at the beginning some are not being shown in Photo. I’m curious as to why this is and what I can do about this. The one work around I do use is copying a word I’ve created in Graphic then pasting it into Photo, it’s just odd that this is happening. Anyone else having this issue as well?BDACFDD8-63FF-42D2-9915-D9BAD87C27D8.thumb.png.c454b808d0aae2df216e2a6a62b9c153.pngFC668DA7-CDB1-4933-90C7-2A8040BA9B4F.thumb.png.2b01d80e3980961b78f7357ee0897d79.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The version of Heavy Heap that I found on DaFont.com works as expected in Affinity Photo for iPad (and in the Windows desktop versions of Photo and Designer) but it looks different from the version in your screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll check out their version. Thanks for suggesting  DaFont.com... right now they’re undergoing maintenance.

 

Well son of a gun... that worked! I had to remove everything prior though. The odd thing is how pixelated it looks. In Graphic not at all but in Photo, it’s strong

78D492B3-9C93-4D57-BF0E-A83752AED2B4.pngThank you!

Edited by MichaelJA
Replacing rasterized with pixelated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 10:51 AM, Alfred said:

The version of Heavy Heap that I found on DaFont.com works as expected in Affinity Photo for iPad (and in the Windows desktop versions of Photo and Designer) but it looks different from the version in your screenshot.

 

Ray has a prior version. The OP is using that version which was super-seceded by the current one on dafont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MichaelJA said:

Well son of a gun... that worked! I had to remove everything prior though. The odd thing is how pixelated it looks. In Graphic not at all but in Photo, it’s strong

Thank you!

 

You’re welcome, Michael. With regard to the pixellation, I don’t think it’s specific to that font: I get the same thing with Apple SD Gothic Neo or Helvetica if I zoom in past a certain point.

 

5 hours ago, MikeW said:

Ray has a prior version. The OP is using that version which was super-seceded by the current one on dafont.

 

 Thanks, Mike. That figures! It would be interesting to compare the two versions to see what he fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Thanks, Mike. That figures! It would be interesting to compare the two versions to see what he fixed.

 

Extended coverage, side bearings, kerning, and many glyph shapes changed (80+).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.