Jump to content
jacki3wrfsef

When I use the blemish removal tool the performance is very bad and there is no indication on where I’m touching

Recommended Posts

Working ok for me with ios11.2.5 and using your image. The inpainting brush is more effective here though.


IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but I can't download/Open the .mov on my iPad with Safari so I can't see what you were experiencing.

I didn’t notice any significant lag though using my iPad Pro 10.5. May be something to do with iOS beta?


IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Sorry but I can't download/Open the .mov on my iPad with Safari so I can't see what you were experiencing.

I didn’t notice any significant lag though using my iPad Pro 10.5. May be something to do with iOS beta?

Here is a link to the video that should work. https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0WmAfUrUR9fqFpT5CL5gOMdrg#8638C233-04B2-4919-8B29-B56185095FB8

and it could be that it is a beta but this needs to be fixed before IOS 11.3 is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I can see what you are saying now. Here's what it looks like with iOS 11.25. As you can see, no delay and you can see the brush reticule. Looks like it might be related to the iOS beta. Devs probably won't fix any iOS beta issues until Apple put out the general release for 11.3.

Are you using the new release candidate 1 of AP? I've not found any issues yet.

 

 

0E479EF0-91B4-477C-87E8-B62AC887D055.MP4


IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DM1 said:

Thanks, I can see what you are saying now. Here's what it looks like with iOS 11.25. As you can see, no delay and you can see the brush reticule. Looks like it might be related to the iOS beta. Devs probably won't fix any iOS beta issues until Apple put out the general release for 11.3.

Are you using the new release candidate 1 of AP? I've not found any issues yet.

 

 

0E479EF0-91B4-477C-87E8-B62AC887D055.MP4

Thanks for the video, I was selecting the blemish removal tool and long pressing on the photo and dragging my finger actress the screen.  I was using release Candidate 1.

Edited by jacki3wrfsef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jacki3wrfsef said:

 When I use the blemish removal tool the performance is very bad and there is no indication on where I’m touching.  Here’s a video showing the bug.

iOS 11.3

8638C233-04B2-4919-8B29-B56185095FB8.MOV

 

And here is the photo I used in the above video.

IMG_8758.jpeg.zip

Hi Jacki3wrfsef,

I don't think this is new to the beta (or iOS beta). I get similar performance on the App Store release, I'll see what development can do. With regards to the feedback, this is the same as the Desktop, however with that you have the mouse cursor showing the brush size, which is not possible on the iPad, so I'll get an improvement request logged about showing the brush size with the touch. However you could also enable 'Show Touch' to help you (which actually highlights another issue regarding the position being slightly off).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is another iOS beta update that seems to have resolved some user issues in AP. Maybe it helps with this one too?


IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DM1 said:

There is another iOS beta update that seems to have resolved some user issues in AP. Maybe it helps with this one too?

Im running the latest Developer beta of IOS and the issue is still occurring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.