hannah

How to copy or cut a part of a path/curve???

Hello fellows,

Can someone pleeeeeaaase explain to me how I can reuse only a part of a path?

I manage to mark several points, I can drag them around or delete them, but when I copy and paste them, Affinity Designer pastes me the whole path instead (not just the nodes I've previously selected). I'm only familiar with adobe illustrator, where this method (selecting, copy/paste) works like a charm. It's like an everyday thing to do for me and thus quite important for my work.

Thank you for your help and thank you guys from Affinity for that awesome application!

Hi hannah,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

It's not possible to perform the copy/paste operation of nodes/segments in Affinity Designer as you do in Illustrator. If you want to reuse part of a path you have to duplicate it then break the nodes that surround the segment you want - see clip below.

cut_a_segment_2.thumb.gif.5dac304ce7111278932b41599e8de816.gif

Thank you very much MEB for this quick response and your explanation!

Though I must say that rather feels like a laborious work-around than a workflow-sustaining solution to me... similar to using "intersect" to achieve this.
well, nothing is perfect i guess.

May I ask you if developers are on this subject? Or is there any way to more officially ask for the implementation of a beloved feature?

bon courage

This workaround is laborious to say the least.  So I have to copy an entire layer just to get a few line strokes?

iPad Pro 9.7” (A1674), Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45