You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just started using this program and Im having some basic problems. Im trying to make a workflow for an app so I made a document with a couple of artboards. Its at 300 dpi right now. Im rendering everything w a geforce gtx 1060. Nothing is showing up. I try to draw in the artboard nothing shows up. I draw outside of the artboard it doesnt show up. I place an image inside or outside an artboard they dont show. I dragged and dropped a logo from phptoshop and that worked but nothing created in affinity is showing. 

I reset and cleared cache aswell.

AffinityDesignerNothingShowing.jpg

• Staff

Hi lovgrandma,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You are using a pixel layer (that you named Artboards) as a clipping layer which means that anything placed inside it will only be visible through the pixels on that layer. Since it has no pixel/data nothing is being displayed. Move all the artboard layers to outside (above) the Pixel layer on the Layers panel so they are located at the root of the layer's hierarchy and everything will work as you'd expect.

Ideally Artboard layers should be at the root of the layers hierarchy (think of them as multiple canvas) - everything else should be inside them. The "usual/regular" layers you are used to from other apps to structure a document are simply called Layers in Affinity Designer and are created using the Add Layer button on the bottom right group in the Layers panel (the first icon on the left on the right group). All other object types (including Pixel layers - see the paragraph below), text objects, shapes/paths and other regular layers are placed inside them. You can have multiple layers/sublayers as you see fit to structure your document.

The second icon (Add Pixel Layer) is used to create Pixel layers - these are not used to structure a document as you were doing - they are just another type of layer used for raster based tools/editing only.

You can learn more about Layer types here (almost on the bottom).

layers_and_artboards.thumb.jpg.07519640c1cc64475dc04e8a00422dce.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I'm experiencing a similar problem but I'm not using multiple artboards. I had a group in my layers window and the content on it was dissapearing from the canvas every once and a while. It has now decided to continuously hide the content from that group. Everything shows up blank in that group and it won't show anything that I do to it as well. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the content to show again?

Thank you,