You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid/Table tool

May I suggest the open source layout and design application Scribus for your task? Affinity Designer and Scribus use the same color management system and Scribus will have most of the typographic features that Publisher will have once it comes out of alpha. It's the vehicle I'm currently using in conjunction with AD.

Hope this helps.

In reference to my earlier post, here are two links that may help if you decide to use Scribus.

This is the basics of bringing a csv file into Scribus as a table (please ignore all the python code unless, of course, you are a programmer):

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Create_tables_out_of_csv_data

This will help you create styles for formatting the table:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Styles

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

For anyone still looking for a *relatively* painless solution to this, here's a decent workaround:

1. create & format your table in Excel and print to pdf

2. Place newly created pdf in a new Affinity doc & double click table to 'edit'

3. select table and Convert to Curves (this will prevent the formatting from going haywire when you copy/paste)

4. group the converted table elements, copy, and paste into target document

The downside is you can't easily edit the table contents, formatting, etc. once it's pasted, but this will at least allow you to resize and position and you can pretty quickly/easily cycle through the steps again.

In reality, table formatting is probably better left to a program designed for that purpose (e.g. Excel)...

Hope that helps!

-Ryan

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.