You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have created a pattern that I have used as a bitmap for a gradient fill in an object.

I have adjusted the handles so the pattern is orientated and sized how I would like it.

Is there a way of copying this to another object with the orientation and size intact? Or is there a numeric input somewhere?

You can make a style out of it, so you can reuse and apply it for/to other objects, though overall size of the shown fill here will vary depending on the object size you apply it to.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If you group the items you want to have the same fill (pattern), then apply the fill to the group all items will have the same fill size and rotation

PS You can ungroup them afterwards and the fill will remain

pies.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

If using Artboards there is no need to group just select all the objects in the layer panel you want to have the same fill then apply the fill

You can also do this without Artboards

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.