FlameRat

Crash that probably occurs due to denoise live filter

I was editing an 32-bit OpenEXR file. After tonemapping, I created a shape with "soft light" blend mode to remove a shadow, and then added a denoise filter to remove the unwanted noise. However, there appears some black chunks after adding the filter layer, which would only appear if I put the filter on top of the shape layer. Rasterize the shape won't help. And when I attempt to zoom out, the shape of the black chunk changes, and the software crashes.

5a7a9d5933161_apcrash.thumb.png.fe385d11cadd6dde8901e32f39198fb9.png

By the way, I should probably mention that this happens on a Surface Pro 4, and it seems that this crash is recreateable. This is proprietary image, so I would like to only share the file to the dev team privately.

Also, apparently even without the layer, the exported PNG file would still have those area glitched (but in a different way). So I suspect that this is a bug in the 32-bit HDR engine.

21 hours ago, Chris_K said:

FlameRat

Can you upload the file using this link for us to look into and see if we can replicate?

Thanks

Hi, 

Sorry for being slightly late, but I've uploaded the file. Don't have the original exr file on me, but I uploaded the afphoto file that, if the denoise filter is inserted to the place as shown on the screenshot, should replicate the issue.

I'm using Affinity Photo 1.6.2.97, in case there has been any update I missed.

Thanks for the file FlameRat, I have managed to reproduce the crash. It does seem to just be this one filter when the file is in 32bit. however if i convert to 8 or 16bit and then back it no longer occurs. I have passed the file on tho the development team to see if they are able to solve the crash

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com