Tim Gummer

Unwanted Cloned Elements

I'm having a resurgence of a historic issue that i thought had largely gone away. 

Affinity is creating extra copies - sometimes 3 or 4 of them, overlaying the existing ones.  I still don't know what triggers this as i only find them later., though it may be to do with subtle drag motions (without a modifier).

This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING.  I remember posting on it previously but can't find it sorry.  But I'm sure I'm not the only one suffering from this

one planet, one chance

Hi Tim

I'm guessing you are referring to duplicating an object when alt dragging it? this is a two step process, first the item is duplicated and then the drag is performed instead of it all being in one step. If you have the modifier down it is likely that you would be creating multiple objects like this. If you are using a symbol there is also a known issue where multiple copies of an object are created when the shouldn't be

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

No this is not an alt/option drag - i do that intentionally a lot but in these cases i don't have the modifier down - given how common this issue is i'm really careful to avoid that but it still keeps happening, (when i say 'keeps' i mean randomly).

TIM

[Sorry to be late back on this - not getting notifications on replies] 

one planet, one chance

10 minutes ago, Tim Gummer said:

[Sorry to be late back on this - not getting notifications on replies]

Go to your Notification Settings page and change the options there.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Enable "Save History With Document" then the next time you noticed it has happened you can send the document to the mods/devs which may help them see what caused it

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.