You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF View(s) problem

I'm on an IMAC with, of course, the MAC version of AF

I discovered what I believe to be a problem while working with two views.

To begin,

I opened one raw file, and entered the Photo persona.

I then created a new view:   View --> new view

I then did:   Window --> Separated Mode

I then did:  Windows --> Merge All Windows

Now when I tried to re-separate the two windows I dragged one of the two windows  on to my desktop. Upon doing this, I'm left with the two separated windows PLUS a semi-transparent copy of the view that cannot be moved, deleted, worked with or anything . I essentially have to quit the program to get it to go away.

Now I had no reason to do this as I was just "playing around", but I do think you would want to be aware of what's happening.

• Staff
16 hours ago, Glenar said:

I'm on an IMAC with, of course, the MAC version of AF

I discovered what I believe to be a problem while working with two views.

To begin,

I opened one raw file, and entered the Photo persona.

I then created a new view:   View --> new view

I then did:   Window --> Separated Mode

I then did:  Windows --> Merge All Windows

Now when I tried to re-separate the two windows I dragged one of the two windows  on to my desktop. Upon doing this, I'm left with the two separated windows PLUS a semi-transparent copy of the view that cannot be moved, deleted, worked with or anything . I essentially have to quit the program to get it to go away.

Now I had no reason to do this as I was just "playing around", but I do think you would want to be aware of what's happening.

Hi Glenar,

Thanks for letting us know. This was something I spotted the other week and have reported to development! I'll pass on your comments as well.

Thanks again!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.