This short video is about how to create offset paths in Affinity Designer.  Offset paths are a powerful tool that designers use to create exact duplicates of a vector object shape and then use these duplicate as individual vector objects.  With the ability to create an exact size for your offset, you've have a powerful tool to create fantastic eye catching layers in you digital art. Creating offset paths in Affinity Designer is quick and it's easy. I show you how to setup the keyboard shortcut and with one click you are ready to create offsets for any object, shape, text, or line.  Offset paths are one of the secrets that designers use to create stunning computer graphics.  Create your own website graphics, digital art, blog posts illustrations, instagram images, and go ahead and brag on twitter!  Happy Creating :-) Jen

Fantastic! That's brilliant!  Thank you!

- Affinity Photo 1.7.2
- Affinity Designer 1.7.2
-Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

The method above is a (cumbersome) workaround until the Offset Tool arrives in a later version.

I anticipate an elegant and versatile tool that works directly on canvas, but who knows what Affinity have up their digital sleeves?

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Is there a way to do this without expanding the strokes? I have Affinity Photo, which has some (albeit limited) vector tools, and there is no "expand stroke" feature. I cannot afford Designer.

31 minutes ago, ZDalton said:

Is there a way to do this without expanding the strokes?

If you don't need vector, you can for example write your text in black, dupplicate this layer, add the stroke in a flashy colour, and rasterize the layer.

Next, you select the black in the letters and you delete it. You'll be able to add effects to this "stroke".