You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse copy bug

Some new bugs were introduced some versions ago and were not fixed yet. One of them is illustrated below. To reproduce:

• Create a new object.
  • Move it using the keyboard arrows (or Shift+arrows).
  • Hold Ctrl or Alt to start a copy.
  • Mouse-drag the object to copy it. The old object goes back to the old position.

Copy bug.gif

Just tried and I cannot reproduce this. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Sorry @rubs, followed your steps but cannot reproduce this bug.
Indeed if the object remain SELECTED (after was moved using keyboard arrows) then duplicate and move the copy object, the original object goes to his initial position.

1 hour ago, rubs said:
  • Create a new object.
  • Move it using the keyboard arrows (or Shift+arrows).
  • Hold Ctrl or Alt to start a copy.
  • Mouse-drag the object to copy it. The old object goes back to the old position.

Hi rubs,

I am able to duplicate this.

It seems to be related to the move using the keyboard arrows. Using the mouse works as expected.

I also noticed that the keyboard moves are not listed in the History panel until I deselect the object.

Tried this in the latest ADe beta.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

10 hours ago, MEB said:

This is a known issue that's already logged to be looked at.

Hi MEB,

thanks for the confirmation. I (we) are looking forward for the fix :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.