You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All pictures wrong colours

Sorry for this stupid beginner-question...

So far i used PaintShop Pro and Photoshop Elements. These programs opend all my jpg-pictures in right colour. Now i tried first Affinity Photo and all pictures opened in yellow colout stitch. Same occured in Corel Draw. In CD i have to restart by pressing F8 - then CD "opened in white".

Here in Affinity i could not find any option to do so. I have tried the colour-profiles in options, but this does not help.

Propably something with RGB/CMYK Colourspace and calibration... - something i do not understand.

Is there a simply way to correct this or is Affinity to highbrow for me?

If you understand my english...

• Staff

Hi Lytzi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is probably due to a faulty/incorrect colour profile. Right-click on the Desktop and select Display settings, then Advanced display settings on the bottom. Scroll down a little and select Colour management in the Color settings section (this may vary a little depending on what Windows version you are using - you can also search for Colour Management in the Start button search filed). Make sure you don't have any profile associated with the monitor in the Profiles associated with this device section in the Devices tab (the first tab - note that the one pictured below is the Advanced). Then change to the Advanced tab and make sure you have the following settings set:

devices_profiles_2.png.9964ff00471d9b3ed425841c1bb4b5d9.png

• Staff

Hi Lytzi,

Try this: go to the first tab (Devices), tick Use my settings for this device, click the Add button on the bottom left and select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from the ICC Profiles section. Does this fix the issue for you?

A few users have reported this same issue. There must be something else interfering with the profiles used.

• 1 year later...