You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wishful thinking?

I've been using AP for a little while and for the price I think it a bargain. For me there are some short comings which hopefully will be sorted in time, but in the meantime I have found work-arounds for most. Reading the forums it strikes me that users are hoping to get an Adobe equivalent programme for an Affinity price. I too would be delighted with this, but is it a realistic expectation? 

If you mean an equivalent in regards to general photo/image editing, then: yes, it is realistic. That part of Photoshop hasn't changed that much in the past decade, and Photoshop is hampered by legacy code, such as a half-baked 16bpc mode (which is actually 15bpc).

But it is not realistic to expect the same 3d, video and animation functionality. Nor would I want those, because dedicated applications blow Photoshop not only out the water, but to a different planet. Basically, those features s.u.c.k. compared. Cobbler keep to your last.

I'm not just trying to be a suckup to Affinity, but if you choose to be on the forum as much as I am, it is very clear that they have a very different approach than most competitors. They care. I've read posts concerning about money, focus on usability and friendliness, they don't just add features but a certain way to add them, and they keep recognizable standpoints. There was a small debate on the forum once, and a staff member sent me a message just to check up and make sure everything is okay. What other company does that? On top of all that, the actual software and tools are very professional.

Then again, there isn't really another business which is runned by cats.......they are actually cats, right? I'll be very disappointed if they're not.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!