You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.3.99

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

That's very odd. There shouldn't be any difference between the pasteboard area and the document area. Can you provide a video for us to look at?

Yes it certainly is odd behavior - especially that I am getting the same issue with three apps and not a fourth plus everywhere else on the system works fine.. anyway yes I'll do my best to get a video made describing the behavior... be back in a day or two!

Hi I'm back! I finally managed to make a video.. it was my first go at recording the screen and editing it down.. so I hope you get the gist..

The machine this is occurring on is a late 2014 HP Envy 17" i7 5500U/550 integrated gpu (which I've been using) there's no difference if I switch to the GTX - 8gb DDR3 Ram, 750gb 5400rpm hard drive with an nvidia GTX840M gpu laptop is connected to a 27" Dell 2k Monitor via HDMI

I'd understand if the issue was application wide, but it's only the actual work area! as you can see from the video I can use and access the menus and tools.. as soon as it's the edge of the ruler and further in.. toast! Oh in the video the last one Photo Beta, while it appears choppy in the video it's working as it should - the screen recorder was sucking up a lot of ram!

And as I mentioned earlier it's working fine over every other application and the OS..

Wacomstylusaffinityissues.mp4

Okay I've been noodling about with the Wacom driver and playing with the memory settings.. and here's what I found..

I got the 1.9.2.97 to work pretty well in both vector and pixel mode...

I got varying amounts of success with the other two - apart from Photo 1.9.3.99 (beta) which works wonderfully..

Which leads me to believe that it may be more suggestive that Affinity isn't playing nice with my configuration including Fall Creators Update, current GPU driver, that my current CPU and installed memory and GPU may not be up to the task but doesn't really explain why Photo Beta works so well and the others not so much.. But I will say that initially Designer 1.9.2.97 was working great in both vector and pixel mode.. then I started playing about in Designer Beta and Retail Photo getting pretty poor results.. then I went back to Retail Designer and started getting the same issues with that..as the others..

I might try getting a mate to download the trials on his machine (much higher spec Desk Top) and hook the tablet up and see what happens there.. it's going to be a few months before my new desktop is built and ready fortunately/unfortunately due to work commitments I need to use illy and PS and the tablet works perfectly with those.. sigh... thanks for listening.