You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.99

'cause sometimes new stuff  introduces changes that affect other stuff. I've seen it happen in development teams, constantly. Not a strange or new thing at all. Even as a user, it's often even told as a warning, that the new A feature disabled B feature temporarily. Etc. Specially common in beta software, tho. (anyhow, that's just my ignorant take at it, haha)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:33 PM, SrPx said:

'cause sometimes new stuff  introduces changes that affect other stuff. I've seen it happen in development teams, constantly. Not a strange or new thing at all. Even as a user, it's often even told as a warning, that the new A feature disabled B feature temporarily. Etc. Specially common in beta software, tho. (anyhow, that's just my ignorant take at it, haha)

abcdefg 9.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Well, I know you folks will drop everything to solve this mystery.  I installed the ....99 beta the other day and ran it for a while to check the installation and some of the things I use a lot.  It ran quite nicely.  This evening, I thought I might actually do some editing and I started the program using the run as Administrator option.  I was very surprised to see the version number on the flash start logo revert to the previous beta ....98.   The old version was also listed in About screen on the help menu.  I reinstalled the newer version using the same downloaded file from the other day, and it correctly displayed the latest version number.  I am wondering what it will show next use.  I don't believe this is critical, merely curious.  Thanks for a great program and all  your hard work.

3 hours ago, Iam1of2 said:

Well, I know you folks will drop everything to solve this mystery.  I installed the ....99 beta the other day and ran it for a while to check the installation and some of the things I use a lot.  It ran quite nicely.  This evening, I thought I might actually do some editing and I started the program using the run as Administrator option.  I was very surprised to see the version number on the flash start logo revert to the previous beta ....98.   The old version was also listed in About screen on the help menu.  I reinstalled the newer version using the same downloaded file from the other day, and it correctly displayed the latest version number.  I am wondering what it will show next use.  I don't believe this is critical, merely curious.  Thanks for a great program and all  your hard work.

Hello @Iam1of2,

why would you want to run the program as administrator? I am not aware of any advantage.

OTOH I just did so on my computer and the splash screen displays the current version number correctly (.99). For both ADe and APh.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

That was the result of an accidental mouse click on the right click menu.  After reinstalling the beta from the original download, it (old version display) did not reappear today, but correctly indicated the proper version.  I just thought some weird behavior, maybe unimportant, should be reported.  Odd that it occurred..