You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.99

It isn’t currently possible to run a customer beta version if you didn’t purchase the retail version from the Affinity Store.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Loaded with no problems and thanks for update.

Still not corrected.

"Just a small point is that in Photo holding the space bar changes to View tool and the little hand cursor.  In Develop pressing the space bar does the same except the little hand cursor does not showor work if you have selected zoom.  

You can work around it but its an inconsistency/bug so I thought it may help to point it out."

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

21 hours ago, haakoo said:

Yes I can confirm this too,

And when trying to create a perspective through Layer>NewLiveFilterLayer>Perspective it just closes Photo all together.

_Hans

Also confirning this issue...

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Hi,

Instead of Copy/Paste the list of fixes from Designer (Beta) into Photo (Beta), I think it would be much clearer to wirte "Same as in Designer (Beta) + ... (list of fixes only in Photo (Beta)).

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Working on Sunday, eh, Mark? There's dedication.

Most common bug I bump into still is repainting screen after change. Appears in various places. Not the end of the world, but a regular pain.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, Cedge said:

Someone might want to give this feature another look see. I created a square, duplicated it 4 times and then selected all 5 instances on the layer panel. I opened the arrange panel and chose space horiz. I then unchecked auto dispersal and entered 100 pixels. The 5 squares were immediately spaced as requested. However....Clicking OK re-stacks all 5 squares atop each other. The spacing is not applied.

Steve

I would be happy to test this Steve, but I am not seeing what you are seeing. Can you give step by step for the feature?

2018-02-06_7-31-49.png

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

23 minutes ago, Rick G said:

I would be happy to test this Steve, but I am not seeing what you are seeing. Can you give step by step for the feature?

Alignment working properly here as well.

Rick
Not sure why, but this morning it functions entirely different from when I posted the problem. I can't make it happen here either. Granted, I've rebooted and AP has also had a fresh reload. For now, it seems to have possibly been a transient situation. I'll play with things a bit and see if it reappears. Don't you wish every reported bug was so cooperative?

Steve

3 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Steve,

Don't have that issue here,my steps were;

• create Rect>copy 4x >select all 5
  • arrange>space horizontally
  • uncheck the auto distribute option
  • enter a pixel gap/distance>enter
  • If satisfied confirm by ok

_Hans

I make a new document

THen create a box with the rectangle tool the duplicate it a few times

The arrange menu does not have a "space horizontally"

The bar does have that but it is a label and there  is no auto distribution option to check or uncheck and no pixel gap distance.

Am I even in the right place?

Thanks

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

7 minutes ago, Cedge said:

Rick
Not sure why, but this morning it functions entirely different from when I posted the problem. I can't make it happen here either. Granted, I've rebooted and AP has also had a fresh reload. For now, it seems to have possibly been a transient situation. I'll play with things a bit and see if it reappears. Don't you wish every reported bug was so cooperative?

Steve

I used to beta test an email program and often the new build was just in the EXE file

YET!!!! ... I learned to reboot the machine before reporting any issue with a new beta as any apparent problems would often vanish and only after a reboot would I keep testing

That may or may not have nothing to do with this but I thought I would add it anyway. 

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

22 minutes ago, Cedge said:

Rick

Steve

I can confirm that the fault did exist exactly as you described it when I tried yesterday and today it is all working correctly.

Maybe someone at Serif HQ can install the new beta on a fresh machine and then try to recreate the problem

(Windows 8.0)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Carl
Thanks for confirming I'm not completely gone around the bend. Happy to know it was not sins of my youth messing with my  imagination.

Rick
Long time alpha and beta tester here too. I did give AP several restarts, but I only rebooted after an AP induced memory problem. AP really doesn't seem to release/free up memory properly. I do experience total program lock up, from time to time, but so far I can't reproduce it at will.

1 hour ago, haakoo said:

@Rick G

ArrangeAutoDistribution.png

Ok ... I found it. I was able to distribute them horizontally and vertically with success BUT there is some flakiness for sure. THe box would close without pressing "OK" for instance

I tried it a few times and it does work here so sorry, I can't confirm it on my setup

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

I tried this beta and the oddity I noticed with lagging for Healing Brush on "Current Layer and Below" still persists. Has anyone aware of this? Am I the only one experiencing this oddity. The workaround for me to so select an area I was to heal and CTRL + J to make the selection on their own layer. Then, use the healing brush on current layer. This seem to fix the lag. As in...everything seems to be OK with this workaround.

I work with 16-Bit large files, e.g. exceed 2+ GB.

Additionally, I tested with fresh exports from my Capture One Pro 11 16 Bit TIFF files and same thing. If the healing brush is set to "current and below" there is a nuisance lag and seems to induce freeze of the latest beta.

On 4.2.2018 at 7:41 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Fixes

• Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc

Is this supposed to work with alpha channels? I tried the latest beta version. I use the selection brush tool, create a spare channel from the selection and load the spare channel to background alpha.

In Photo everything looks as expected but when I export this image to PNG or TIFF and load it into Photoshop I only get the R/G/B channels without an alpha channel.

Not really a bug, but is there a reason why with the "Free Hand Selection Tool"  the system of buttons "New, Add and Subtract" was implemented and not the standard Shift and Alt that's found in most 2D and 3D programs? 

14 minutes ago, km.au said:

Not really a bug, but is there a reason why with the "Free Hand Selection Tool"  the system of buttons "New, Add and Subtract" was implemented and not the standard Shift and Alt that's found in most 2D and 3D programs? 

Hello km.au,

those buttons work they just don't toggle the mode buttons.

Try the following:

1. Select an area with the Free Hand Selection Tool.
  2. Press and hold Shift and start within the selection and drag to outside the selection and then back into the selection. The area outside get's added.
  3. Press and hold ALT + CTRL and drag to subtract from the selection. Notice the combination of ALT and CTRL.

A small '+' or '-' sign appears next to the crosshair cursor to indicate what will be happening.

Hope this helps :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

6 hours ago, dominik said:

Hello km.au,

those buttons work they just don't toggle the mode buttons.

Try the following:

1. Select an area with the Free Hand Selection Tool.
  2. Press and hold Shift and start within the selection and drag to outside the selection and then back into the selection. The area outside get's added.
  3. Press and hold ALT + CTRL and drag to subtract from the selection. Notice the combination of ALT and CTRL.

A small '+' or '-' sign appears next to the crosshair cursor to indicate what will be happening.

Hope this helps :)

d.

Thanks Dominik, I see this works but I find the whole process.....a little less than optimised I guess. 

I think just having the one mode and using keyboard shortcuts would be more efficient than remembering to toggle a button then using these shortcuts . 

Currently the Free Hand Selection Tool *always* defaults to "New" which means using shift doesn't ever add to the selection. One has to always remember to use the Add button first before shift and then alt + ctrl can be used to subtract. 

Surely, like as in Photoshop or Maya or SketchUP etc...  just having the one selection mode with Shift for adding and alt for subtracting would bring AP in line with what seems to be an industry standard? 

Thanks. 

Sorry mods for getting little OT here!

I really think a feedback/uservoice system would work really well for affinity rather than forums - this same system Autodesk and MS use:

http://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/forums/160514-ideas-for-maya-forum

https://office365.uservoice.com/

1 hour ago, km.au said:

Thanks Dominik, I see this works but I find the whole process.....a little less than optimised I guess. 

I see what you are saying. I could think that this could become a little more streamlined. But from what I read here the developers of the program have thought thoroughly about the design. Perhaps someone else can chime in an give some tips what special advantage the buttons 'New', 'Add', 'Subtract', etc. would give.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎05 at 1:14 PM, Mark Ingram said:

We're currently using LensFun for obtaining camera lens vignetting, unfortunately they don't support your camera yet (you can see the list of supported lenses here http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/lenslist/).

I am aware of this, but since I like to use only one photographic software, and that is Affinity Photo, I keep on reporting this matter. Hoping for an update to LensFun (soon..!?) or a better RAW data handler.

31 minutes ago, Henry Stahle said:

I am aware of this, but since I like to use only one photographic software, and that is Affinity Photo, I keep on reporting this matter. Hoping for an update to LensFun (soon..!?) or a better RAW data handler.

We've just got a lensfun update, which will be available in the next beta :-)

3 hours ago, lmphotoz said:

Any indications on how many more betas there intends to be or when the next version is due for release ?

Hi, we don't make any announcements about future dates, or number of betas. The short answer is, it'll be ready when it's ready - we don't rush for release dates :-).

In the previous beta release the distort filter perspective was very good as well as in the current final version 1.6.1.93. But in this current beta this filter absolutely do not work. This is very strange. Why very well implemented features are destroyed in upcoming versions???