You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.99

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, (issued if Affinity Photo was purchased from Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Pixelmator PSD text import

• Added transparent TGA import support

• Attempt to support fonts with truncated type 4 tables (e.g. Serpentine)

• Fixed text frame auto-resizing not working with a single character

• Added support for fonts that substitute spaces, eg Nyala

• Fixed Liquify Brush panel size slider limited to 1024px

• Fixed brush selection is not retained after duplicating brush

• Fixed changing brush tip is not always initially accepted 

• Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc

• Fixed Fill Noise not applied when filling with Custom colour, Primary and Secondary colours etc  

• Fixed Colour Chooser not correctly switching to match the selected colour 

• Improved curve fitting for raster brushes

• Fixed tool shortcuts ignore modifier keys 

• Fixed Text Styles showing wrong units for Justification options 

• Fixed Tab Stop units not auto updating with document units 

• Fixed Text Style dialog missing the [No Change] behaviour for the Tab Stop table 

• Fixed drag and drop from IrfanView not accepting file items into the document as new layers

• Fixed exporting multiple documents

• Fixed crash using Pen tool (* see known issues)

• Fixed when a colour is removed, the Opacity/Noise slider is not disabled 

• Fixed floating windows starting off-screen when monitor is disconnected

• Fixed layer folder icon not initially updating

• Fixed floating windows appearing on the incorrect taskbar

• Fixed text not being drawn after power duplicate

• Fixed rare instances of being unable to select text

• Fixed a couple of instances where the colour wheel wouldn't update properly

• Fixed unable to select a second swatch for bevel and emboss highlight and shadows 

• Use different icon for Arrange/Alignment

• Fixed unusable transparent area left after cropping with New View 

Known issues

• Using the Pen Tool can result in high memory usage

Hello!

Do i need to uninstall the old version to install the new version?

If I need to return to the old version, do I need to delete a new version?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, telemax said:

Do i need to uninstall the old version to install the new version?

If I need to return to the old version, do I need to delete a new version?

The installer will uninstall the old version automatically. If you want to be able to return to the old version, you should save the installer for the new version under a different name so that it doesn't overwrite the old installer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Mark Ingram said:

I assume by old version @telemax means the retail version. If so, the beta and the retail version can be installed alongside each other.

Yes, old version is the retail.

Thanks.

Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc

Confirmed for PNGs

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

23 minutes ago, telemax said:
26 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

I assume by old version @telemax means the retail version. If so, the beta and the retail version can be installed alongside each other.

Yes, old version is the retail.

Thanks.

Ah, OK. I thought you were referring to the previous beta version!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Use different icon for Arrange/Alignment

Someone might want to give this feature another look see. I created a square, duplicated it 4 times and then selected all 5 instances on the layer panel. I opened the arrange panel and chose space horiz. I then unchecked auto dispersal and entered 100 pixels. The 5 squares were immediately spaced as requested. However....Clicking OK re-stacks all 5 squares atop each other. The spacing is not applied.

Steve

Lai, i report similar bug, but for Ipad version. Now i test this issue in WIN version - so i am confirming - this bug is actual for both versions - Beta 3 iPad and 1.6.3.99 WIN version.

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

Thanks Mark,

Will be testing tonight!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

• Staff
3 hours ago, Lai said:

Perspective tool - every time i drag and release a corner of a photo, the point snap back to its original position. The Perspective tool is unusable in this beta. Or maybe it is only me?

This has been fixed in the latest iPad beta release, so in theory it should be fixed in the next Windows beta.

I still do not use Affinity Photo with my favourite camera, the small pocket size Canon PowerShot GX7 mark II, since the files are not fully supported in the RAW file data that AP use. There is slow loading, heavy vignetting, no lens correction on the wide angle and more problems. When I open the same file in my PSE Camera Raw, the file is treated right as you can se below. The same in DxO optics Pro and Canon DPP 4, CameraBag Photo and even Windows Photo. 

snip_20180205113014.jpg

snip_20180205112858.jpg

1 hour ago, Henry Stahle said:

I still do not use Affinity Photo with my favourite camera, the small pocket size Canon PowerShot GX7 mark II, since the files are not fully supported in the RAW file data that AP use. There is slow loading, heavy vignetting, no lens correction on the wide angle and more problems. When I open the same file in my PSE Camera Raw, the file is treated right as you can se below. The same in DxO optics Pro and Canon DPP 4, CameraBag Photo and even Windows Photo. 

We're currently using LensFun for obtaining camera lens vignetting, unfortunately they don't support your camera yet (you can see the list of supported lenses here http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/lenslist/).

8 hours ago, Cedge said:

Someone might want to give this feature another look see. I created a square, duplicated it 4 times and then selected all 5 instances on the layer panel. I opened the arrange panel and chose space horiz. I then unchecked auto dispersal and entered 100 pixels. The 5 squares were immediately spaced as requested. However....Clicking OK re-stacks all 5 squares atop each other. The spacing is not applied.

Steve

I see the same 'behaviour' but only after I deselect the five squares. As long as they are selected they remain 100px apart.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

4 hours ago, haakoo said:

Yes I can confirm this too,

And when trying to create a perspective through Layer>NewLiveFilterLayer>Perspective it just closes Photo all together.

_Hans

Confirmed here

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Thanks to the whole team for your hard work!

Confirmed that the Live Filter Perspective Tool shuts downs AP immediately.

None of the perspective tools work anymore. From the "Tools" or from the "Filters" menu, as soon as you release the mouse button everything goes back to its original place.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
5 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Thanks to the whole team for your hard work!

Confirmed that the Live Filter Perspective Tool shuts downs AP immediately.

None of the perspective tools work anymore. From the "Tools" or from the "Filters" menu, as soon as you release the mouse button everything goes back to its original place.

These are both known about issues. The crash has already been reported to development and the other that keeps snapping back has been fixed in the iPad so should trickle over to Windows.