You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to use inpainting tool in corners of the photo (color hue)

I'm having a hard time removing unwanted object from a picture (cropped picture attached) where this object is located in the very corner of the original photo. First, since there's no space to the right, i'm only getting the content from the left side of the object. Ok, this can be somewhat solved using the Patch tool where i select what content should replace the selection (i've only taken this example to show the point, so the quality of the replacement is poor). But what i cannot solve is the color hue that remains in the position of the removed object. I guess it has to do again with the position of the removed object. So, how can i just correct the hue (did try almost all the adjustment filters but to no avail) of the replaced area. I know, it seems so straightforward, but i cannot do it. As an excuse, i'm pretty sick right now so this might be the cause for my inability to perform the correction. 

Thanks for your help,

Andrej

Orig.jpg

Modified.jpg

For more difficult corner related object removal work, you can also use a combination/mixture of duplicating the layer, slightly rearrange/overlap those, mask those parts which cover the object together and then finetune the whole with the inpainting brush and clone tools then etc. - Here just the quick way and I leaved the layers for demonstration purposes intact, usually I would flatten these then after masking...

masking.jpg.71d910fdf62d989b6ad17f9851dfaad2.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, v_kyr said:

For more difficult corner related object removal work, you can also use a combination/mixture of duplicating the layer, slightly rearrange/overlap those, mask those parts which cover the object together and then finetune the whole with the inpainting brush and clone tools then etc. - Here just the quick way and I leaved the layers for demonstration purposes intact, usually I would flatten these then after masking...

masking.jpg.71d910fdf62d989b6ad17f9851dfaad2.jpg

Wow, that looks just great. I'll try to do this on my own when i get better. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Wikinger said:

Good evening.

Very simple with Filling.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o43xvfnem80f811/Remplir.mp4?dl=0

Hey, that's an easy solution to the task, then it's just some more easy inpainting since the hue is now perfectly matched. Haven't used the Fill yet, but for this example it's the easy way. 

Merci beaucoup

EDIT : Did like you suggested and it's been a success. :1_grinning:

Wikinger
I admit ... I just learned a new trick as well. Now, it is another very handy tool in my own bag of tricks. I had no clue the inpaint fill option was even there. ..  nor how to use it in the manner you shared.  Thank you.  My post was only meant to contributed another avenue to the same end results.

AndrejS,
I couldn't agree more. The more tricks we share, the better it gets for everyone.

Well, today i accidentally came upon another way to remove hue. Sometimes it does not give the same quality of result but Frequency separation is something worth trying. You can easily get rid of hue in lower frequency area and bingo, you've got picture without distracting hue. 

One last simple technique. Duplicate the original, drag the marquee (lasso ) tool over portions of the concrete and gravel in magnetic mode. Create a selection large enough to cover the blue blanket. Drag this selection over the blue and align the concrete edges.  That is how we did it way back dinosaurs roamed the digital planes. So many cats... so many ways to skin them.

Steve