You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta for iPad (1.6.7 - Beta 4)

• Staff
11 hours ago, DM1 said:

Version is 1.6.7.72 

I don't have this occurring in Beta 3 only in Beta 4.  I actually swapped back to beta 3 to resolve this, then back to beta 4 to make the videos.

Edit. Noticed this is also occurring in beta 5 but afte PMudditt mentioned canvas rotate setting in beta 5, I find that turning off Canvas rotate fixes the issue (in beta 5), I haven't tested this in beta 4 but expect it will.

i think having canvas rotation on is adding the brush delay for the colour switcher. Tapping and holding the brush for a few secs allows the selection to begin. Tapping and moving the brush straight away and selection doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

Ahh sorry about that! You (and PMudditt) are indeed correct it is the Canvas Rotate setting that causes it to stop working. I believe Andy has now fixed this and will be pushing out a build later today. :)

Thanks for your help with it!

• Staff
17 hours ago, Manofjesus said:

Sean P, i found the connection between stabilizer and this issue, that i was reporting earlier. And it is not depend from the brush itself, this is stabilizer's bug.

20180206_192452.mp4

As PMudditt discovered there is also another piece to this puzzle - you need to enable 'Allow canvas rotation for all tools' in Preferences > Tools. With that enabled I can reproduce the bug, which I can now report to development.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.