You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clarity adjustment not functional in development persona

In the development persona all sorts of adjustments can be applied to a picture, like contrast, clarity, saturation, etc.

When using the Overlay paint tool, these adjustments can be applied locally to a chosen part of the picture.

However, when using the Overlay paint tool the Clarity adjustment can not be engaged anymore, all other adjustments can. I tried to catch it in the video below.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this intentional, or is it a bug?

E46337B5-AE5B-4D98-975E-CBBCEA472E17.MOV

• Staff

Hi Gerard,

It's also the same in the Desktop version as well, the Clarity option can't work with an overlay.  It's come up before here on the forums so at least we know it's not a bug.  I'll see on Monday if i can find out why it's not available, as it would be nice to know why :35_thinking: 

I'm sorry @stokerg, I tried the search function to see if there was information about it already, however failed to find it.

Glad @MEB writes "Clarity is currently not available for Brush Overlays". Which give me hope that it will be available in the future ... ;)

Cheers, Gerard